Tuesday 9 April 2013

The Daily Teaser — 9-4-2013

It’s OFFICIAL … !

She’s finally DEAD … !

And I have to admit, my initial reaction was “AT LAST” … !

Just in case you didn’t know … ?   I’m talking about the former PM, Margaret Thatcher: possibly the most contentious and divisive politician Britain has ever seen.

Personally … ?   PART of the reason I don’t vote Conservative is because of her.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, my condolences go to her family, at this point.

But … ?   I don’t think I’ll be going to the official funeral, or sending flowers.

Let’s move on, shall we … ?   Yes … 

»»†««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: along with quietly letting us know she’s working on her new novel and screenplay, ALSO managed to bag six out of six.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 


Q1) 9th April, 1965, saw the world’s first indoor baseball game held: as part of the opening of the Reliant Astrodome.   In which US state is the Astrodome … ?
Q2) More to the point, in which city … ?
Q3) 9th April, 1940, saw Nazi collaborator, Vidkun Quisling seize power.   In which European country … ?
Q4) 9th April, 1967, saw the maiden flight of the 737: which aircraft company makes the 737 … ?
Q5) Both born on 9th april, who was older: engineer, Isambard Kingdom Brunel or French poet, Charles Baudelaire … ?
Q6) And finally … 9th April, 1969, saw Sikh busmen in Wolverhampton win their fight to be allowed to wear which religious symbol … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 8th April, 1953, saw Kenyan, Jomo Kenyatta, sentenced for being a member of which group … ?
A1) The Mau Mau.
Q2) More to the point, Jomo’s son, Uhuru, has recently been involved in Kenya’s contentious Presidential elections.   The name, Uhuru, translates into English as what … ?
A2) Freedom.
Q3) Moving on … 8th April, 1913, saw the 17th Amendment to the US Constitution became law: guaranteeing the direct election of whom … ?
A3) Senators.
Q4) 8th April, 1944, saw the birth of actor, Hywel Bennett: which part did he play in the TV version of Le Carré’s Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy … ?
A4) Ricki Tarr: the part played by Tom Hardy, in the recent film version.
Q5) 8th April is one of the traditional dates of the Buddha’s birth.   What name was the Buddha born under … ?
A5) Siddhārtha Gautama.
Q6) And finally … 8th April, 2008, saw the completion of the world’s first building with integrated wind turbines.   In which middle-eastern country is that building … ?
A6) Bahrain.
I’ll leave you with this thought from Playboy founder, Hugh Hefner …
“Picasso had his pink period and his blue period. I am in my blonde period right now.”
Hugh Hefnerº, born April 9, 1926
And with Paul’s Robeson’s classic rendition of Ol’ Man River … 


Enjoy your day … 












*        Why Thank You, Debbi … !   You’re not so bad yourself … ! :D

º        Hefner is officially the current Chief Creative Officer of Playboy..   I wondered what they called it … 

2 comments:

Adrence Apong said...

1. California
2. City Of Angels, Los Angeles.
3. France
4. The Brothers
5. French Poet
6. Hindu

p/s: If I hit even 1 right, all drinks on me during ladies night.

Debbi said...

Thanks, Paul! :) Great song. A real classic!

I hope you like tomorrow's post. Another entry from my law office journal. The voice of Sam and my voice as a blogger, emerges, I think. :)

1. Texas
2. Houston
3. Norway
4. Boeing
5. Isambard Kingdom Brunel
6. turbans