Friday 20 December 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20-12-2019: Macau … 

20th December, 2019.


Yes: it’s officially official.

I’ve got an interview, today.

And … ?

I have to admit I’m having a certain amount of déjà vu.

As I’ve had an interview with this company, before.

Which didn’t go well.

No, it’s not the  bookies I was interviewed by, earlier this year, it’s a local insurance company.

One I was interviewed by, last years.

I have to admit, I’m nervous: as ever.

But also convinced that — given I didn’t get the job last time — that I won’t get the job, this time.   And that going, this time, won’t be worth the effort.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 20th December is Special Administrative Region Establishment Day in Macau.   Macau is a Special Administrative Region of which country?
Q2) Macau is on the Western bank of which river’s estuary?
Q3) Macau was a colony of which European country?
Q4) Macau was handed back to its original country … in which year?
Q5) Finally?   The region is the only part of its country where what is legal: prostitution, gambling or heroin?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 19th December, 1999, saw the sad death of actor, Desmond Llewelyn.   Which James Bond character did he play for many years?
A1) Q.
Q2) Who, currently, is playing that role?
A2) Ben Whishaw.
Q3) He appeared in one episode of The Life and Times of David Lloyd George: as Lord whom?
Q4) Desmond played the Colonel: in which children’s TV series?
A4) Follyfoot‡.
Q5) Finally?   Desmond was a prisoner of war during World War 2.   He was held in which famous prison camp?
A5) Colditz.
Here’s a thought …
“I would go so far as to say that Macau gaming is an undervalued asset.”
Mark Kiesel.
And a song by Forget the G: from Macau.


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I remember seeing Colditz, recently, Olga.   It’s very tense.   What surprised me was seeing Robert Wagner crop up in the thing.   And David McCallum: Sapphire and Steel is still something of a favourite.   You know, whenever I see Robert Wagner’s name, though?   I always end up wondering what happened on that boat … 

†        I can imagine, Debbi!   I’m assuming there’s a lot of cussing involved … ?   (Oh, did I mention I have to have my lungs scanned in July?   I’ve a couple of nodules on my right lung, and they want to make sure they haven’t grown.)

‡        You have to love a theme tune like that … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) China
Q2) The Pearl River
Q3) Portugal
Q4) 1999
Q5) Gambling
It might feel like a foregone conclusion, but good luck with the interview nonetheless. I know what you mean about Robert Wagner. Every time I see him or Natalie Wood I also wonder. And I must admit that every time I see Joachim Phoenix, I think about his brother River and wonder as well… (in this case, not so much what happened, that seems pretty well established, but what if… Don’t ask me why, but I’ve always found Joachim a bit creepy. Perhaps the eyes…)
And thanks for the link to the article about Oriol Junqueras. At the Radio Christmas dinner, there was a seat reserved for him and for Joaquim Forn (another one of the imprisoned politicians), as both had appeared on the radio station and had been collaborators. (It is such a weird situation… I covered the 50th anniversary of a school in the neighbourhood, and they also mentioned another one of the prisoners, Jordi Sànchez, whose children had been pupils there, and it seems he had been quite involved.

Debbi said...

Good luck with the interview and your health. Don't lose hope!

1. China
2. Pearl River
3. Portugal
4. 1887
5. gambling