Tuesday 31 December 2019

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker — A (Quick) Review

31st December, 2019.


Do you follow my Daily Teasers, at all?

You’ve possibly read todays.   At least I hope you have.

These things don’t right themselves: and it’s nice to get appreciated.

At any rate?

I, my two sisters, and my nephew, Jude?

Went to see Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker, today.

Yes … 

I’m thinking it’s good.

~≈†≈~

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s opening crawl tells us that a message has been broadcast: by the long thought dead Emperor Palpatine.

And sees Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) finding a Wayfinder: an ancient Sith device the leads him to the planet Exegol … and the home of the seriously zombified Emperor … 

It’s not long before Finn and Poe Dameron (John Boyega and Oscar Isaacs) learn of news: and Rey (Daisy Ridley) realises she’s best qualified to find the only other Wayfinder created.

Leading her, and a small group, the planet Ker Bir: where Rey and Ren fight … 

And Ren dies.

Rey … ?

Moves on to Exegol, to confront the Emperor, himself.

~≈†≈~

Now … 

I’ve given Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker something of a short summery, I know.

The plot’s a lot more … in depth, than that.

But … ?

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker is a movie that rounds out its story well, leaves room for spin-offs, had parts that had me wondering what JJ Abrams and company have been watching, and has genuine moments of emotion — Chewbacca mourning Leia brought a tear to my eye.

Seeing Rey finding out the truth of her ancestry … but triumphing, in spite of it.

It had saw an interesting return for Palpatine (Ian McDiamid), and fantastic villainy from Richard E. Grant (Allegiant General Pryde).

And finally … ?

Coming full circle: returning to the Skywalker home on Tatooine, at the end.

Yes: there’s issues.

I don’t think Jannah (Naomi Ackie)’s story will get completed, Rose (Kelly Marie Tran)’ story got nowhere near as full as it could have been … 

But?

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker may not be perfect … but IS a great finish to the Star Wars franchise.
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker.★★★☆

No comments: