Thursday 5 December 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5th December, 2019

5th December, 2019.

Right then … 

I’m back at my course, today.

I’m … looking forward to it.

Although I have an issue.

My left shoulder’s been aching, recently: and I think I know why.

I’m left handed: and this course has seen me doing more physical hand writing than I’ve down for a decade!

Net result?

An ache!

Oy veh … !

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) According to the UN, 5th December is International what Day?
Q2) In some countries?   5th December is which ‘K’?
Q3) Which country cut its ties with Algeria, Syria and Libya: on 5th December, 1977?
Q4) Which businessman’s empire went into liquidation on 5th December, 1991?
Q5) Finally … ?   5th December, 1839, saw the birth of Lieutenant Colonel George Custer.   Which regiment did he command, when he died at the Battle of the Little Big Horn?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 4th December is National Cookie Day in the US.   What’s a cookie called: in English speaking countries outside North America?
A1) Biscuit.
Q2) 4th December is one of the feast days of Saint John of Damascus.   Damascus is in which country?
A2) Syria.
Q3) Burger King opened its first branch: on 4th December, 1954.   In which Florida city?
A3) Miami.
Q4) 4th December, 1983, saw IRA gunmen shot: by members of which British Army regiment?
A4) The SAS.
Q5) Finally … ?   The (then) largest wildfire in California started: on 4th December of which year?
A5) 2017.
Here’s a thought …
“Over at our place, we’re sure of just one thing: everybody in the world was once a child.”
Walt Disney, December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966.
And a song‡ …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Wow!   That moustache of Rudolfo’s is interesting, Olga!   I’m looking forward this.   I’m also wondering how on Earth they’ll carry Lola’s story forward: especially if they’re bringing Aura Garrida back into the show.   I’m not convinced they tied up Julián and Amelia’s romance as well as they could.   (If it’s any help … ?   We’re chilly … but it’s been VERY sunny … !)

†        Cheers, Debbi!   I’m just hoping my arm stops aching!   Oh … and the course stops using Microsoft Word.   (Ye gods, it’s bad … I mean, really bad.   You might think going that far to the chemist is bad, but … )

‡        I now have an old Stan Freberg tune going through my head.   Why?   No idea …

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development
Q2) Klozum
Q3) Egypt
Q4) Robert Maxwell
Q5) 7th US Cavalry Regiment
I guess we'll have to wait and see ;) Still raining today and warning for wind and rain, so...

Debbi said...

Ugh. Yeah, I hate Word. I wish they'd bring back WordPerfect. Much more user friendly!

1. Volunteer
2. Krampus
3. Egypt
4. the Maxwell Family
5. the 7th Cavalry Regiment

BTW, I was able to format a flash drive with no problem. Thanks to your help! :)