Wednesday 11 December 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11-12-2019: Indiana Wants Me

11th December, 2019.


Did I tell you I have dreams?

No, not the metaphorical, aspirational ones.

The ones we have when we’re asleep.

I have a pair of nodules on my right lung: ones that I’m worried about, and that are being monitored with yearly scans.

And that, thankfully, aren’t growing.

You can imagine relieved I am to know that!

So … ?

The dream I had, last night, was unpleasant: I dreamt I got a call, telling The nodules had grown, and that I needed to head for the hospital … 

Unpleasant is putting it mildly.

~≈¥≈~

On other fronts … ?

Do you read the Times?

I don’t … but occasionally, an interesting article from the paper floats across my social media timelines.

Including this one: where John McDonnell, the Shadow Chancellor, has suggested breaking up the various big technology corporations.

Companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, et al?

The problem I spotted, with-in about two sentences.

How on Earth are government authorities in the UK … supposed to break up American companies?

I wonder about politicians, sometimes … 

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 11th December is Indiana Day: marking the State’s admission to the Union in which year?
Q2) What’s Indianan’s capital?
Q3) Which side did Indiana support, during the American Civil War?
Q4) Indiana is one of eight states, one Canadian province that make up the Great Lakes region.   Name the Canadian province.   (I’ve just had to correct the video … !)
Q5) Does Indiana observe Daylight Saving Time?
Q6) English is the most widely spoken language in Indiana.   What’s the second most widely spoken language?
Q7) May sees Indiana hold one of the best known car races on Earth.   Which car race?
Q8) The Evansville Otters, the Fort Wayne TinCaps and  the Indianapolis Indians, all play what?
Q9) Songwriter, Hoagy Carmichael was from Indiana.   Which famous spy is he said to look like?
Q10) Finally … ?   If you’re a resident of Indiana, you’re which H?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The number ten is what: odd, or even?
A1) Even.
Q2) Is ten divisible by two?
A2) Yes.
Q3) Is ten a prime number?
A3) No.   (A prime number is only divisible by itself or one.   Ten is divisible by one, two and five.)
Q4) Most humans have ten fingers: and ten … what?
A4) Toes.
Q5) If we’re talking about a period of ten years, we’re talking about a what?
A5) Decade.
Q6) Ten — in base ten, or decimal — is written as 10.   How is ten written in binary?
A6) 1010.
Q7) 10 is the binary version of which number?
A7) Two.   (2)
Q8) Network Ten is a TV network: in which country?
A8) Australia.
Q9) The album, 10, released in 1990, was the tenth album by which band?
Q10) Finally … ?   Who directed the 1979 film, 10?
A10) Blake Edwards.
Here’s a thought …
“Manhattan’s probably one of the bluest parts in the country, and Indiana’s definitely one of the redder states. I have sympathy for both sides.”
Jim Gaffigan.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        It’s that ‘TL’ sound you get in Native American languages, isn’t it, Olga?   I always think Tlāloc’s an unpronounceable one!   At ANY rate … ?   Glad you could join me on FB: Debbi’s around, somewhere! Oh, before I forget?   Break a leg!

†        It’s worth a look, Debbi: you should spot it in the opening of the next episode you watch!   I’d love to visit it, myself.   About the Green Dome?   The story I heard was that the original dome was made of plywood, painted to look like rusty copper.   Which, years later, got replaced by genuine copper: which was allowed to rust … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1816
Q2) Indianapolis
Q3) The Union
Q4) Ontario
Q5) They do (from 2006)
Q6) Spanish
Q7) The Indianapolis 500
Q8) Baseball
Q9) James Bond
Q10) A Hoosier
I survived! They were planning the Christmas parade at the radio station, and we had Father Christmas there! Shame I didn't hear about the new Apple... I would have asked on your behalf, but I suspect not even Father Christmas has such a large pocket...

Debbi said...

Interesting.

1. 1816
2. Indianapolis
3. the Union
4. Ontario
5. yes, now they do
6. Spanish
7. the Indy 500
8. baseball
9. James Bond
10. a Hoosier