Wednesday 4 December 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4th December, 2019.

4th December, 2019.


Believe it or not … ?

I have the day off, today.

I’m jobhunting, so you know: and on a course designed to help with interview technique, and CV writing.

We’ve got home work, by the way: re-writing our CVs.

At ANY rate !   We’ve got the day off.

Out tutor’s at a conference in Stevenage.

I think posting cards picking up medication is the order of the day … 

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 4th December is National Cookie Day in the US.   What’s a cookie called: in English speaking countries outside North America?
Q2) 4th December is one of the feast days of Saint John of Damascus.   Damascus is in which country?
Q3) Burger King opened its first branch: on 4th December, 1954.   In which Florida city?
Q4) 4th December, 1983, saw IRA gunmen shot: by members of which British Army regiment?
Q5) Finally … ?   The (then) largest wildfire in California started: on 4th December of which year?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 3rd December, 1911, saw the birth of Italian composer, Nino Rota.   Rota composed the original, instrumental version of Speak Softly Love: for which film?
A1) The Godfather.   Here … 
Q2) The 21st state to be admitted to the USA was admitted on 3rd December, 1818.   Which state was it?
A2) Illinois.
Q3) Charles Dillon Perrine discovered Himalia on 3rd December, 1904.   Himalia is a moon of which planet?
A3) Jupiter.
Q4) Singapore adopted its flag: on 3rd December, 1959.   How many stars are on the flag?
A4) Five.   (5.)
Q5) Finally … ?   3rd December, 1988, saw outrage: when the UK’s then Health Minister claim most British eggs were infected with salmonella.   Who was that Health Minister?
A5) MP for South Derbyshire, Edwina Currie.
Here’s a thought …
“Smiles come naturally to me, but I started thinking of them as an art form at my command. I studied all the time. I looked at magazines, I’d practice in front of the mirror and I’d ask photographers about the best angles. I can now pull out a smile at will.”
Tyra Banks‡, born 4th December, 1973.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I think they’d possibly benefit, Olga!   I will give them this, though: they’ve updated the laptops … to Windows 8.   I just wish someone would make MS Word a little better, it’s making mincemeat out of my CV … 

†        My pleasure, Debbi, any time!   If you or Rick can let me know how it goes, if and when … ?

‡        Tyra’s starting to sound like a Stepford wife … 


3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Biscuit
Q2) Syria
Q3) Miami
Q4) The SAS
Q5) 2017
YOu might be better off using notepad to avoid adding layers of invisible formatting to the document, and then change it afterwards, or make sure you highlight the formatting button so you see what is going on, but it's always tricky. Well, I'm no good with technical stuff though...
Thanks for Karina. I always think of this song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmWff7h0hRo
Have a good free day. (Here it's raining buckets and I have to cover a piece of news for the radio, although luckily it's nearby and indoors!)

Olga said...

I was looking for something else and found the first images of Rodolfo Sancho in El Ministerio del Tiempo...
http://www.rtve.es/television/20191204/primeras-imagenes-rodolfo-sancho-su-vuelta-ministerio-del-tiempo/1993136.shtml
They don't explain anything, other than when we saw him last, the fact that Pacino comes back and that bringing Rodolfo back will prove more complicated than they imagined!

Debbi said...

Will do! :) Good luck with the job hunt, etc.

1. biscuits
2. Syria
3. Miami
4. the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC)
5. 2017