Saturday 21 December 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 21st December, 2019.

21st December, 2019.


Right, I’ve officially had the interview.

Yesterday, so you know.

I’m job hunting at the moment: something regular readers will already know.

And had an interview, yesterday, for a Brentwood-based insurance company.

It … 

I have to admit, it seemed to go well.

But will find out, by January, at the earliest.

Here’s hoping … 

~≈®≈~

You know, there’s times I despair at humanity, sometimes.

I’ve always thought well of the Reverend Richard Coles‡: presenter of Saturday Live, and The Big Painting Challenge.

So, when I heard his partner, Reverend David Coles, had died?   I was sympathetic.

And angry, too.

It seems Reverend Coles has been getting hate mail.

Ye GODS … !

I think the last think any one who’s lost a husband/wife/partner wants in these circumstances is some bloody idiot telling them their loved one’s going to hell.

The fact police are investigating, may well be small consolation.

All I can do … ?

Is hope the idiots who’ve done this get caught.

Is offer my condolences to Reverend Coles.

And remind the senders of the hate mail about Matthew — 7:12.
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you:
do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Do unto others, an’ all that …

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 21st December, 968AD, saw the birth of Japanese noble, Minamoto no Yorinobu.   Was he a ninja, samurai or daimyō?
Q2) 21st December, 1804, saw the birth of politician, Benjamin Disraeli.   What was the highest political office he reached?
Q3) 21st December is the feast day of which of the Apostles?
Q4) 21st December, 1962, saw the UK agree to buy Polaris from the US.   Polaris is what: a nuclear missile system, a computer network or a range of automatic rifles?
Q5) Finally?   21st December, 1915, saw the birth of Werner von Trapp.   He and his family were the inspiration for which musical movie?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 20th December is Special Administrative Region Establishment Day in Macau.   Macau is a Special Administrative Region of which country?
A1) China.
Q2) Macau is on the Western bank of which river’s estuary?
A2) The Pearl River.
Q3) Macau was a colony of which European country?
A3) Portugal.
Q4) Macau was handed back to its original country … in which year?
A4) 1999.
Q5) Finally?   The region is the only part of its country where what is legal: prostitution, gambling or heroin?
A5) Gambling.
Here’s a thought …
“I am not ashamed to say that I sympathise with millions of my fellow-subjects.”
Benjamin Disraeli, 21 December 1804 – 19 April 1881.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Woods’ death is one of those mysteries, Olga, isn’t it?   I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure.   I think they must have had an argument of some sort: she did turn up with another man, and, however innocent, that may look bad to some.   You know, now I think about it, Joaquin Phoenix does look a touch odd.   It’s probably what bagged him the title role in Joker.   (It seemed only right to send the article over.   And it sounds likes some of Catalonia’s Deputies are genuine members of the community.   That’s different, here.   Brentwood’s last three MPs got parachuted in, and only seem to talk to other Tories.)

†        I don’t intend to, Debbi!   😀   And cheers for the thought!   I’m not sure if I’ll end up bagging this one: I didn’t, the last time I had an interview with them.   I did get to sit in a a call, though: didn’t happen last time.   I’ve got one question, though.   How on EARTH do people manage with just one monitor!?


‡        The fact the BBC’s original addressed Reverend Richard Coles as Mr Coles?   Also seemed a touch rude: especially at a time like this!   A touch like NOT calling a Dr or professor, by their titles.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) samurai
Q2) Prime Minister of the UK
Q3) Thomas
Q4) a nuclear missile system
Q5) The Sound of Music
Let’s hope for the job! I don’t have enough space for so many monitors, and when I’ve tried a couple, I couldn’t get the hang of it. (To tell the truth, I mostly write or edit, so I think I’d find it distracting more than anything, but perhaps some day, although I don’t expect to get a bigger place, in any case a smaller one…)
Oh, if you don’t see me around much, the internet is pretty temperamental at the moment. Vodafone are experimenting with 5G (in fact they used it to stream a live surgery yesterday here in Barcelona), and I suspect that might be the problem. Oh well…

Debbi said...

Somehow I've managed. :)

1. a samurai
2. Prime Minister
3. Thomas
4. a nuclear missile system (why do we so excel at building these? Just a random ... thought ... listening to Zappa ... wild! :) where was I?)
5. The Sound of Music