Monday 3 July 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-7-2023 — Short-Stocked Idaho.

3rd July, 2023: Short Stocked Idaho.


Yes: it’s officially officially: I’m up early.

It’s week eleven of my weight management program: the last will be next week’s.

We’ll have to see what happens next.

~≈®≈~

Remember, a few days ago, I told you about my gas meter?

I’m on a pay-as-you-go gas meter: one that’s no longer accepting my payment card.

I tried getting another payment card: that ASLO wouldn’t work.

To cut a long story short?

My utilities supplier is going to install a new smart, pay-as-you-go gas meter.

They want to add a pay-as-you-go electricity meter as well.

Which I don’t need or want.

I THINK I’m going to have to have a word.

~≈®≈~

In fact, I’m definitely having a word.

As I write?

I’m on the phone to my utilities supplier: trying to arrange for just the gas meter to be replaced.

I’m spending a lot of time, this morning, listening to hold music¶!

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Normally, I’d do ten questions about a US state. But as I did five question set in 2019?

Here’s five Idaho questions, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        3rd July, 1890, saw Idaho join the USA.   It’s officially known as the what: Gem State, Green State or Mountain State?

Q2)        Yes or no: was Idaho a Confederate State, in the Civil War.   Yes or no?

Q3)        How many US Navy ships have been called the USS Idaho: four, five or six?

Q4)        If you’re from Idaho, you’re a what?

Q5)        Finally … ?   My Own Private Idaho was directed by whom: Gus van Sant, David Lynch or George Lucas?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Bogdan 3rd became Voivode of Moldavia: on 2nd July, 1504.   Bogdan was known as Bogdan the what: One Handed, One Eyed or One Legged?
A1)        One Eyed.   (Bogdan Wołkowski, by contrast, has everything.)

Q2)        Kerberos and Styx were named: on 2nd July, 2013.   They’re the fourth and fifth moons of where: Uranus, Neptune or Pluto?
A2)        Pluto.

Q3)        2nd July, 1575, saw the birth of Elizabeth Stanley.   She was Countess of Derby, and Lord of where: Mann, Wight or Jersey?
A3)        Mann.

Q4)        2nd July, 1903, saw the birth of Alec Douglas Home (pronounced hume).   He was the last British PM to hold what: hands, a title or a Doctorate?
A4)        A title.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Brock Peters was born on 2nd July, 1927.   He played Tom Robinson in which 1962 film: Tender is the Night, To Kill a Mockingbird or The Twelve Chairs?
A5)        To Kill a Mockingbird.
Here’s a thought … 

“I felt I had to share Idaho with my friend from New York because he’d shared New York with me, so I was going to share the beauty of nature with a man who went to museums and clubs late at night. But, there was nothing to do where I lived at night.”
Mariel Hemingway.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Oooooh … but not being able to visit that lighthouse must be frustrating, Olga!   Especially as the modern equivalents are changing!   (From what Wikipedia tells me?   Every lighthouse has a different external paint job: so you can tell which is which.)
        And more time is definitely the thing.   As is experimenting.   I know I’m still using Mastodon.world: which still gets me the odd view.

        Hello, Mum!

        The Sprawl trilogy is very much you, Debbi§.   They are old fashioned noir novels, after all.   And Molly’s iconic!   (The picture’s the only one I’ve every found of her, that looks like Molly: she’s a workin’ stiff, not a super-sexy fetish model!)


§        What on earth is happening in Washington and Baltimore, Debbi?   The US seems madder than usual!

        I’ve now got an appointment to JUST fit the gas meter: on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Gem State

Q2) No (It is a tricky question, as it was not a state, as such, at the beginning of the civil war, and it went through all kinds of divisions and changes, but as it belonged to Washington at the beginning of the war, and later it never went to the other side completely, I guess the answer is no. At least, I hope so).

Q3) Five

Q4) Idahoan

Q5) Gus van Sant. A very interesting and peculiar director. I remember watching this when it came out in Spain, many years back. So sad about River Phoenix...
I hope you can manage to sort things out, although if one of the meters have failed, it is likely that the other one will stop working at some point as well, so it might be a matter of when rather than if, but... Good luck with the appointment as well.

Freda said...

1 Gem State
2 No
3 5
4 Idahoan
5 Gus van Sant

Debbi said...

Unfortunately, things are going nuts here. It's like the 80s in DC. Rick was working for the DCFD then. It could get kinda hairy then.

Honestly, it's not good.

1. Gem State
2. no
3. five
4. Idahoan
5. Gus van Sant