Wednesday 5 July 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-7-2023 — The National Health Service.

5th July, 2023: The National Health Service.


Right … it’s now officially Wednesday!

And … ?

I’ve managed to reschedule the assessment I was due to have, for a couple of week’s time.

As it clashed with the engineer’s visit: the engineer who’s due to replace my gas meter.

I can only hope the installation is quick: and the meter, itself, easy to top up.

That’s the important bit.

~≈Í≈~

Oh, JUST in case you wondered … ?

Yes: my nephew, Jude, was over, yesterday.

And, on top of my review of Guns for Hire?


We managed to get a couple of videos done: including one of Mikey the Rabbit!




I hope you enjoy them!

~≈Í≈~

Right … I’ve now officially had the engineer’s visit.

There’s a problem: he can’t install the gas meter.

Without installing a communications hub on the electricity meter.

He couldn’t do that … without wiping the credit on the electricity meter.

I’ve phone my supplier, SSE: they’re going to contact me within twenty-days, to book up a new appointment.

~≈Í≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The UK’s National Health Service was launched.   On 5th July of which year of the 1940s?

Q2)        It was launched by the then Minister of Health.   Who was he: Aneurin Bevan, Clement Attlee or Ernest Bevin?

Q3)        The Service was initially suggested by the Beveridge Report.   The report was released, when: 1940, 1941 or 1942?

Q4)        The Service is usually known as the NH what?

Q5)        The service is funded, in part, by what: National Insurance, the Lottery Fund or Road Tax?

Q6)        The English branch of the Service is called National Health Service (England).   What’s the Welsh one called?

Q7)        More to the point, what’s the Scottish branch called?

Q8)        You don’t usually pay to see a National Health doctor, or GP.   Your GP is a general … what?

Q9)        For many years, the National Health Service has been “free at the point of … ” what: use, usury or uselessness?

Q10)        Finally … ?   5th July, 2021, saw the Queen award the National Health Service a medal.   Which medal: the Victoria Cross, George Cross or Elizabeth Cross?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        4th July is Liberation Day in Rwanda.   Rwanda is on which continent: Africa, Asia or Europe?
A1)        Africa.

Q2)        Is it a republic, monarchy or theocracy?
A2)        A republic.

Q3)        What’s Rwanda’s capital city?
A3)        Kigali.

Q4)        How may official languages are spoken in Rwanda: two, three or four?
A4)        Four: Kinyarwanda, French, English and Swahili.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Primus, Mützig and urwagwa are popular in Rwanda.   They’re what: wines, beers or vodkas?
A5)        Beer.
Here’s a thought … 

“We’re here for you: Helping you take control of your health and wellbeing.”
From the National Health Service website.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        I’ve got to admit, I’ve still not seen My Own Private Idaho: it’s something I should remedy.   And yes, you’re right about Keanu.   I think the woodenness thing works for him: especially in The Day The Earth Stood Still.   Did you know he’s left handed?   You’d guessed I’d spotted that§.
        Have fun at Sant, today: don’t strain anything!


        Hello, Mum!

        That it is, Debbi!   Sorry it’s a ten question set, today: but it IS about the National Health Service.   It’s … well, I rely on the organisation, as does most of the UK.   Hopefully, the answers are short.
        Oh, did the — ahem! — package get through?   The next episode’s tomorrow.

§        Both he and Laurence Fishburne are southpaws, Olga: the only one of the main Matrix stars that isn’t, is Carrie Anne Moss.

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1948

Q2) Aneurin Bevan

Q3) 1942

Q4) S

Q5) National Insurance

Q6) NHS Wales

Q7) NHS Scotland (or NHSScotland)

Q8) Practitioner

Q9) use (Well, some people might go for the last one, here, but I don’t think it’s fair).

Q10) The George Cross
I must confess to not being a big fan of Keanu Reeves (although, as I said, I've read he is a really nice guy, but he doesn't do it for me as an actor). His peculiar style works for him as John Wick as well, and the Matrix, indeed. Although I didn't know about him being left-handed...
The visit to the radio wasn't too bad, although it was busier than it normally is on a Tuesday. We had the new "regidora" (the local government representative, for the district, on behalf of the mayor), and she had the usual guided tour. We shall see. The editor was saying that she doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box, but then again, we don't know her well yet. (Although he is right).
Tomorrow I'm going to cover a session where they will talk about the fact that they've uncovered a couple of civil war air bomb shelters whilst doing some roadworks, so that should be interesting. And tonight, my mother and I are going to a concert. I think I told you that Jordi had given me a token to exchange for tiquets to a music venue. I am looking forward to that.
Sorry to hear about the problems with the gas meter. Perhaps that was one of the reasons why they had suggested to change the electricity meter as well, but the issue with the credit, I have no idea. One imagines it shouldn't be too difficult to check and credit it back to you, but, I know things that appear easy in principle, when bureaucracy is involved can be anything but...

Freda said...

1 1948
2 Aniuren Bevan
3 1942
4 NHS Service
5 National Insurance
6 Wales
7 Scotland
8 Practioner
9 Use
10 George Cross

Olga said...

Hi, Paul. Just sharing the pictures from Saturday's event. Not all of them are mine, as another one of the collaborators of the radio went there as well, but he only takes pictures and does not do interviews or reports.
https://www.el3.cat/noticia/84449/mes-de-400-veins-i-veines-visiten-lantic-far-de-la-marina-tot-un-simbol-del-passat-del-bar

Debbi said...

Got it! Well, at least it's not Medicare. :)

1. 1948
2. Aneurin Bevan
3. 1942
4. S
5. National Insurance
6. NHS Wales
7. NHS Scotland
8. practitioner
9. use
10. George Cross

Wow! Made it! :)