Sunday 2 August 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2-8-2020: Peter O’Toole.

2nd August, 2020.


You’ve noticed it, too, haven’t you … ?

It’s Sunday!

Which means … ?   Frankly, that it’s going to be quiet.

And that I’ll be heading to my family’s for dinner.

Even though the brakes have gone on, Lockdown’s eased enough to have an afternoon out.

Hopefully?

I’ll be able to tear my nephew for long enough to interest him in The Mandalorian!

~≈$≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring ten out of ten.

The day also saw Trevor‡ leaving us a message.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Peter O’Toole was born: on 2nd August of which year?
Q2) Which acting college did he attend: LAMDA, RADA or the Central School of Speech and Drama?
Q3) How many Best Actor Oscars did Peter O’Toole win?
Q4) He won a Best Actor BAFTA in 1963.   For which film?
Q5) He played an English king, in Becket and The Lion In Winter.   Which English king?
Q6) In 1960, he appeared in The Taming of the Shrew, The Merchant of Venice and Troilus and Cressida.   For which theatre company?
Q7) In which film does O’Toole place Maurice Russell, opposite Jodie Whittaker as Jessie?
Q8) In which did O’Toole play the 14th Earl of Gurney?
Q9) O’Toole starred in the stage play, Jeffrey Bernard iswhat?
Q10) Finally … ?   1969 saw O’Toole appear in Goodbye, Mr. Chips.   Who played Katherine Bridges, in Goodbye, Mr. Chips?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Oxygen was discovered on 1st August.   By whom?
A1) Joseph Priestly.   (He called it dephlogisticated air.   You have to love a chemist.)
Q2) On 1st August of which year?
A2) 1774.
Q3) At room temperature, oxygen is a what: gas, liquid or solid?
A3) A gas.
Q4) Oxygen’s atomic number is eight.   What’s (approximate) atomic mass: 8, 16 or 32?
A4) 16.
Q5) Is oxygen a metal or a non metal?
A5) A non-metal.   (It’s a reactive non-metal, if you want to be precise)
Q6) Oxygen’s most common form is O₂.   It’s also called what oxygen: molecular, molar or masticated?
A6) Molecular oxygen.   (There’s a very stable version called triplet oxygen.)
Q7) Triatomic oxygen is also called O₃.   It’s also known as which O?
A7) Ozone.   (It seems it’s thermodynamically unstable toward the more common dioxygen form.)
Q8) Water is made of two oxygen atoms: and one atom of what?
A8) Hydrogen.
Q9) Oxygen is a waste product of photosynthesis.   Photosynthesis is part of the life-cycle of what: animals, plants or fungus?
A9) Plants.   (Lichen are plant/fungal symbionts: the plant part that photosynthesises, the fungal part doesn’t.)
Q10) Finally?   What’s the chemical symbol for oxygen?
A10) The letter O.
Here’s a thought …
“The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise.”
Peter O’Toole.
And an interview …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Now I think of it, Olga, I could’ve given Piers a call back.   Mind you, I was still a bit woozy!   The next PhoenixFM piece is possibly going to get a post script, I know that.
I know what you mean about dental surgery: and I’m glad I haven’t needed fillings for a while.   I could never sit still for that long!


†      I might just have to check it out, Debbi: I know I had one comment about it on my Penny Dreadful playlist.


‡        What can I do, bar apologise, Trevor: I do know it was a contentious one.   It’s possibly one I could have phrased a bit better!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1932
Q2) RADA
Q3) None (he won an Academy Honorary Award, though)
Q4) Lawrence of Arabia
Q5) King Henry II
Q6) The Royal Shakespeare Company
Q7) Venus (I’ve never watched or even heard of this one)
Q8) The Ruling Class
Q9) Unwell
Q10) Petula Clark. They were both very good.
With very long dentist appointments I always worry if I suddenly have a coughing fit and I end up with my mouth in a mess. I guess they are used to it.
Let us know how the articles evolve, and I hope you enjoy the outing (but keep safe. Here a lot of the cases come from family reunions, although rather large ones and probably quite raucous, I guess). :)

Debbi said...

I love Peter O'Toole. And that's a great quote! :)

1. 1932
2. RADA
3. none???? (That's an outrage. Wow!)
4. Lawrence of Arabia
5. Henry II
6. the Royal Shakespeare Company
7. Venus
8. The Ruling Class
9. Unwell
10. Petula Clark

I'm reminded of a song: https://youtu.be/Zx06XNfDvk0 Downtown! :)