Monday 10 August 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10th August, 2020.

10th August, 2020.


Yep: I’ve woken up with an earworm!

Frankly, I’m blaming the fact I’ve got a phone meeting, this morning: with a the chap from the Health and Work programme I’m on.

Hmmm … 

You’re right … 

I can’t see a connection between a phone appointment and the Vengaboys, either!

Arrgghh!


~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 10th August is the feast day of Saint Lawrence of Rome.   He’s the patron saint of whom: librarians, plumbers or fishermen?
Q2) 10th August is also one of the feast days of Saint Blane.   Blane was from which country of the UK … ?
Q3) British forces started to expelled Arcadians peoples from what’s now Nova Scotia, to what’s now the North East US: on 10th August, 1755.   The Acadians spoke a dialect of which language?
Q4) 10th August, 2003, saw a heatwave hit the UK.   The most recent heatwave in Europe was in which year: 2017, 2018 or 2019?
Q5) Finally … ?   10th August, 1909, saw the birth of guitar maker, Leo Fender.   What was the name of his first electric guitar in 1950?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 9th August saw the dropping of the second atomic bomb used in combat.   In which year?
A1) 1945.
Q2) On which Japanese city: Hiroshima, Nagasaki or Tokyo?
A2) Nagasaki.
Q3) That city was the second choice: picked because the weather was bad over the first choice.   Which city WAS the first choice: Kokura, Yokohama or Kyoto?
A3) Kokura: now part of Kitakyushu.
Q4) The first atomic bomb had been dropped — a few days earlier — on which city: Hiroshima, Nagasaki or Chiba?
A4) Hiroshima.   (You may need to add the links to the various Teasers.)
Q5) The bomb was dropped by which country’s armed forces?
A5) The USA’s.
Here’s a thought …
“If something is easy to repair, it is easy to construct.”
Leo Fender, August 10, 1909 – March 21, 1991.
And a song … played on what look’s like a Gibson acoustic … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Isn’t it weird how these things go, Olga: I saw the post about the book, not long after I got the email to tell me you’re commented.   What was it Jung called those, synchronicity?   We’ll have to see how that one goes!
Yes: I’ve got started on the next article: complete with a rough plan … that’s possibly going to end up being ignored!   We’ll see.
And, yes, you’re right, I think: keeping testing going’s the key!   (Sounds like that patient had a close call: which reminds me, I need to contact my GP.)

†        Funny thing is, Debbi, I think the I Like Trucking clip, and the Constable Savage one, yesterday, must have come from the same episode.   There’s a hedgehog reference at the end of the latter.   Did I ever mention the Nice Video song the Not The Nine O’Clock News show did … ?   Or the Ayatollah Song?   The Ayatollah’s being played by a certain Mr William Connelly, Esquire …


3 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 librarians
A2 Scotland
A3 French
A4 July 2019
A5 Fender Esquire



The mention of Saint Lawrence makes me remember when I was about 9 and was a Pageboy at my Grandmother’s wedding in the parish church of Frodingham. Having very curly hair ( I had a nickname of “Shirley Temple” ) my mother tried to straighten it for the day by using tons of hair spray. I can remember walking down the aisle and hearing my hair pinging back to it’s normal curly style.

Here is the church.

http://wasleys.org.uk/eleanor/churches/england/lincolnshire/lincolnshire_four/scunthorpe_lawrence/index.html



Olga said...

Q1) librarians (One of my uncles is called Lorenzo [Lawrence in Spanish] and there is a village called San Lorenzo nearby my father’s birthplace, and they usually celebrate their annual festival on the 10th August. It’s a pretty small affair [a tiny place and very rural area] but I recall having gone when I was a young child).
Q2) Scotland
Q3) French (my French friend, Christelle, didn’t think much of their French when we visited some locations in Louisiana where some of them settled later on. There were a lot of museums and places to visit though, and it was interesting).
Q4) 2019
Q5) Fender Esquire (renamed Broadcaster and then Telecaster). I watch antiques and collectables programmes, as I’ve told you before, and they are always happy to find a Fender Stratocaster. I don’t think I’ve seen one of those earlier ones yet.
Do keep us posted on the article, and remember to make the call to your GP.
Yes, there is such a thing as synchronicity. If you get to read it, let me know what you think about the book. I might request it, but considering how long my list is, I have a few others I need to check before.

Debbi said...

I'll have to check those out.

The earworm video looks fun! :)

1. librarians (love it!)
2. Scotland (Why do they call it Scotland Yard when it's in England? Why do I wonder about such things?) (Who knows, huh? :))
3. French
4. 2019
5. the Stratocaster (I think you meant the 1950s, right? Because the Strat was developed in 1954, I think)

Giving my fingers a small workout. Now, I'm exhausted. :)