Friday 21 August 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 21st August, 2020.

21st August, 2020.


Right … I’m officially happy … 

My video’s uploaded to YouTube, and the photo and video uploaded to this post.

Unlike yesterday: the Sylvester McCoy video upload was a car-crash!

I suspect the mess was linked to whatever caused Gmail’s issues, yesterday: but couldn’t say for sure.

Even so … 

~≈®≈~

At any rate … ?

I mentioned, a couple of days ago, that I had applied for a a European Computer Driving License Course.

I’ve got the assessment booked for it.

AND have an assessment for a work at home job, pencilled in.

Except, of course, I need a Windows-based laptop for both — one with a solid state drive, and an ethernet port for — before I do them.

In theory, I can claim funding for both from the Health and Work programme I’m on.

Which I’ve asked for.

Apparently … ?

My case worker’s referring it to management … 

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) A well known clothing shop opened its first branch on 21st August, 1969: in San Francisco.   Which clothing shop?
Q2) Hundreds of civilians killed on 21st August, 2013: in Ghouta, outside Damascus.   Ghouta, Damascus and the attack, are or were in which country?
Q3) 21st August, 1895, saw the birth of Blossom Rock.   In which 1960s Series did she play Grandmama?
Q4) 21st August, 1933, saw the birth of which English film critic?
Q5) Finally … ?   21st August, 1971, saw the birth of keyboard player and DJ, Liam Howlett.   Which band did he co-found with the late Keith Flint?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 20th August, 1943, saw the birth of actor, Sylvester McCoy.   He first appeared in plays by whose theatre troop?
A1) Ken Campbell’s: Campbell’s group called itself the Ken Campbell Roadshow.
Q2) Which version of the Doctor did McCoy play, in Dr Who?
A2) The Seventh Doctor.
Q3) McCoy played Radagast the Brown in The Hobbit trilogy of films.   Who directed those films?
Q4) Sylvester appeared in a BBC show aimed at deaf children.   What was it called?
A4) Vision On.
Q5) Finally … ?   Sylvester voiced the character of Aezethril.   In which children’s series?
A5) Thunderbird are Go: the revived version of Thunderbirds‡.
Here’s a thought …
“Everyone has got to realise you can’t hold onto the past if you want any future.”
Joe Strummer, 21 August 1952 – 22 December 2002.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Oh, very true, Olga: frustrated’s the word!   It’s nice to know someone’s been able to do something, though!
As for Youtube!   It’s strikes me the speed issues try into what ever it is Google are doing behind the scenes.   I know they’re trying to upgrade Blogger’s back end: and think whatever they’re doing’s had effects elsewhere.

†        Yes, that video was a bit bonkers, Debbi!   Did I mention I saw him in The Caucasian Chalk Circle, many years ago … ?   It’s the only time I know of that spoons were played during an encore … !
Oh, YouTube’s issue seems to have been solved, today: something’s happening, though!

‡        The original FAB 1, Lady Penelope’s Rolls Royce?   Had a radiator grille made by Rolls Royce, itself.   In that sense?   FAB 1’s a genuine Roller … !

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Gap
Q2) Syria
Q3) The Addams Family
Q4) Barry Norman
Q5) The Prodigy
Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm sure you're right about YouTube as well.

trev-v said...

A1 GAP
A2 Syria
A3 The Adams Family
A4 Barry Leslie Norman
A5 The Prodigy

Looks like I forgot to paste in yesterday's answers, I would have got 5 out of 5.

Not forgetting today.

Debbi said...

It was a pretty amazing performance! :)

1. The Gap
2. Syria
3. The Addams Family
4. Barry Norman
5. The Prodigy