Tuesday 15 August 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15-8-2023 — Liechtenstein.

15th August, 2023: Liechtenstein.


Ouch!

I hate how my shoes fail, when I need them not to!

I caught my foot on the pavement on Warley Hill, coming home, yesterday.

With the net result … ?   That I ended up falling, face first, onto the pavement.

With a bag of shopping on my back!

Ouch!

I’m OK: bar a few aches and pains … and a very nasty scab … !

~≈∇≈~

Oh … I’ve had a call from my GP’s social prescriber, yesterday.

Literally minutes after going arse over tit!

And managed to get her to phone back … on my landline.

It seems I may qualify from help from a charity called Peabody.

They’ve two drop in services organised at local churches: yesterday and today.

Neither of which are easy to get to.

And an appointment only meeting, at Brentwood Town Hall, tomorrow.

I’ve phoned for one, had the initial call … but not yet had a call back with an appointment.

We’ll have to see.

~≈∇≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        15th August is the National Day of Liechtenstein.   Liechtenstein is in which continent: Europe, Africa or South America?

Q2)        Liechtenstein is a what: monarchy, republic or theocracy?

Q3)        Liechtenstein’s financial industry is (mostly) centred in the country’s capital.   What is the capital: Schaan, Vaduz or Triesen?

Q4)        What’s the country’s one, official, language?

Q5)        Finally … ?   What’s Liechtenstein’s currency: the Euro, the Swiss Franc or the US dollar?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        14th August, 1900, saw the Eight Nation Alliance help end the Bocer Rebellion.   Where: China, Thailand or Vietnam?
A1)        China.

Q2)        The eight nations included Austria-Hungary, the British Empire, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Russia … and where … ?
A2) The USA.

Q3)        14th August, 1980, saw ship yard workers go on strike.   In which country: Poland, Lithuania or Estonia?
A3) Poland.

Q4)        An explosion took place on 14th August, 2022: in a market in the city of Yerevan.   Market, city and explosion, were in which country?
A4) Armenia.

Q5)        Finally … ?   A blackout in Northeastern parts of North American took place: on 14th August, 2003.   Which Canadian province was affected: Ontario, Prince Edward Island or British Columbia?
A5) Ontario.

Here’s a motto …
“Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland.”
Liechtenstein’s motto.
And a song …



(The UK will be suing for breach of copyright … )

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        From I recall, Olga?   I think Ozempic’s the problem one, there: although the Wikipedia entry’s changed.   In that sense?   I’m glad I’m off it.   That’s counterbalanced by the weight management aspects: it seemed to be having a bigger effect on the weight.   And I noticed I seem to have less chest pain under stress, when using it.
        The Forxiga I’m on, on the other hand?   Can lead to Fournier Gangrene.   I hope that’s rare!   (Although, apparently?   Harvey Weinstein’s got it.   Which is possibly karma …)

        Hello, Mum!

        Flagstaff, Flagstaff?   Isn’t there some sort of science establishment, there, Debbi?   I’ve vague memories of it being mentioned by Arthur C. Clarke.   Oh, wait, hang on: Lowell Observatory’s there!   
        Oh, dear … Roger Daltrey in a vat of baked beans is not a pretty sight!   And this is me talking … !

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Europe
2 Monarchy
3 Vaduz
4 German
5 Swiss Franc

Olga said...

Q1) Europe

Q2) monarchy

Q3) Vaduz

Q4) German

Q5) the Swiss Franc
I hope you are OK. My mother fell in the bathroom and initially didn't feel much pain, but now, a few days later, she has a big bruise and she's in pain.
I hope you get the phone call back. It must be difficult for such organisations to reach everybody who needs them, and I am sure funding is an issue.

Debbi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I've been there, done that. Not face forward and I was in a bathtub, but still ...

There were no baked beans in that bathtub. :)

1. Europe
2. monarchy
3. Vaduz
4. German
5. the Swiss franc