Wednesday 16 August 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16th August, 2023.

16th August, 2023.


Right … I have to admit, I still hurt: after falling over, the other day.

But … ?

I think I’ll survive: bar the sore bits!

~≈Â≈~

At any rate … ?

I mentioned yesterday, that I’d asked a charity called Peabody for help with my PIP claim.

And that they hadn’t phoned me back, to make that appointment.

They did, eventually.

About five minutes after I posted yesterday’s Teaser!

Roll on next Thursday: that’s when the appointment is … 

~≈Â≈~

Talking of the PIP claim?   Or, at least, the Mandatory Reconsideration I’ve put in for … ?

The Department of Work and Pensions have — literally — just text messaged me.

Apparently?

They’ll be letting me know their decision by 26/9/2023.

I’ll be glad to hear, one way or the other … 

~≈Â≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        The August Complex Fire started: after lightning strikes on the night of 16th August, 2020.    Where: California, Oregon or Alaska?

Q2)        Toronto’s stock market temporarily closed down: on 16th August, 1989.   Due to what: solar flares, moon dust or a meteor strike?

Q3)        16th August is the feast day of Saint Roch.   He’s prayed to if you have what: knee problems, hair loss or diarrhoea?

Q4)        Paul Burrell was charged with theft: on 16th August, 2001.   He’d been the butler to whom: Princess Diana, Prince William or Prince Harry?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Gold was discovered in the Yukon: on 16th August, 1896.   The Yukon region is part of which North American country?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        15th August is the National Day of Liechtenstein.   Liechtenstein is in which continent: Europe, Africa or South America?
A1)        Europe.

Q2)        Liechtenstein is a what: monarchy, republic or theocracy?
A2)        Monarchy.   (It’s head of state is the Prince of Liechtenstein.)

Q3)        Liechtenstein’s financial industry is (mostly) centred in the country’s capital.   What is the capital: Schaan, Vaduz or Triesen?
A3)        Vaduz.

Q4)        What’s the country’s one, official, language?
A4)        German.

Q5)        Finally … ?   What’s Liechtenstein’s currency: the Euro, the Swiss Franc or the US dollar?
A5)        The Swiss Franc.

Here’s a thought …
“Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.”
Madonna, born August 16, 1958.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum: thanks for the shoes!

        I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your mother, Olga¶: pass her my sympathies, please!
        Yep: Peabody phoned back, eventually.   About five minutes after I posted yesterday’s Teaser!   I’ve got the appointment next Thursday.   

        I remember you mentioning it, Debbi¶!   At least there was an upside, there!   And you won’t’ve had a hat-brim-shaped scar.   (I’m kind of grateful I was wearing it.   I could’ve broken my nose!)

        Did I mention I’ve got “Can I Kick It” playing in the background?   If you’re going to steal a baseline, steal a famous baseline … !   (I hop Lou Reed got paid for that.)

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 California
2 Solar flares
3 Knee Problems
4 Princess Diana
5 Canada

Olga said...

Q1) California. Curiously enough, I’m reading a book at the moment, called Escape to California, about a couple from England who went to California for a year, because the wife is an engineer and she got a grant including research of medical devices at Stanford. They loved to go trekking, and they had to alter their plans due to the fires (in fact, they had quite a hard time trying to find some alternative accommodation, as there was nothing to be found), and they decided to leave a camp site due to alerts as to the low air-quality.

Q2) solar flares

Q3) Knee problems (this could be handy).

Q4) Princess Diana

Q5) Canada
Do take it easy. Yesterday we had planned to go and visit another area of Barcelona celebrating its festival, but as she was feeling the pain more, we gave it a miss. She feels a bit better today, but age doesn't help, for sure.
Good luck with the interview next Thursday, in case I can't catch up with you, with all that will be going on here.

Debbi said...

I hope so, too. Musicians make much less money with streaming music. Much like certain writers and actors I could name due to streaming entertainment. :)

1. California
2. solar flares
3. knee problems
4. Princess Diana
5. Canada

I know someone who broke her nose that way. You lucked out. :) Kinda.