Monday 11 March 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11th March 2024.

11th March, 2024.


Right … it’s official Monday: I’m up early, and just finished a bowl of Bran flakes.

And got Ça plane pour Moi on in the background.


There are times it’s the only to get an ear worm out of your head!

~≈🧑‍🎤≈~

At any rate … ?

I’m up early: to go to my weight management group.

Hopefully?

I’ll have lost weight: after two weeks of staying the same.

I’m having to walk, today: in the rain.

What that’ll do, I don’t know!

~≈🏋️‍♂️≈~

Oh, just as a last point?

I managed to catch a movie, last night.

You’ll find out what I saw when I publish it!

~≈🍿≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        John Barrowman was born on 11th March, 1967.   He voiced Flex Dexter in what: Doctor Who, My Family or Fireman Sam: Set for Action?

Q2)        Twins, Joel and Benji Madden were born on 11th March, 1979.   They’re the guitarist, and lead singer, for which rock band: Good Charlotte, My Bloody Valentine or My Chemical Romance?

Q3)        11th March is the feast day of Saint Vindicianus.   The saint is said to be the first person to mention where: Brussels, Bruges or Liège?

Q4)        11th March, 2024, sees the start of Ramadan.   Ramadan is marked by whom: Hindus, Muslims or Christians?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The digging of the Seven Sisters Colliery started: on 11th March, 1872.   The coal mine is where: England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        10th March, 2023, saw the collapse of the Silicon Valley Bank.   It was headquartered in which US state?
A1)        California.

Q2)        10th March, 2024, is Mother’s day in the UK.   When’s the 2024 Mother’s Day, in the USA?
A2)        12th May.

Q3)        10th March, 2024, is ALSO the fourth Sunday or what: Lent, Easter or Christmas?
A3)        Lent.

Q4)        Buffy: The Vampire Slayer debuted on 10th March, 1997.   Mr Pointy was Buffy’s favourite what: sword, hammer or stake?
A4)        Stake.

Q5)        Finally … ?   10th March is Székely Freedom Day.   It’s marked by Székely people who live where: Austria, Hungary or Czechia?
A5)        Hungary.   (I stand corrected: the actual answer is ‘Romania’.   This is what happens when you write quizzes late at night!)

Here’s a thought …
“Can we change the world?   No, but hell, we can all try.”
Rupert Murdoch, (born 11 March 1931).
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.







*        Hello, Mum!

        Cheers, Olga: I managed to get that corrected.   Or, at least, got an insert done!   That’s what happens when you write quizzes late at night!
        A RPG day … ?   With fractional dice?   I’m going to have to keep an eye open, there.   I do know I’ve six-sided dice with Roman numerals: they’re a type of three sided dice.
        And, if it’s any help?   I knew at least one woman gamer — called Stella — who was quite heavily involved with the Labyrinthe crowd down at Chislehurst Caves: I don’t know if there’s anything similar in Barcelona, but it’s possibly worth looking.
        Hmmm … would an umbrella hat, help … ?


‡        Yeah: I’m blaming late night quiz writing, there, Debbi.   Everything goes sideways, if I’m up too late!   (Apparently, Spain’s is May 5th, this year!   I’m just glad Mum and Ruth haven’t noticed!)

4 comments:

trev-v said...

With your wrong country options to yesterday's Question 5 i was almost tempted to put my answers in and correct your wrong answer. But being Sunday I thought better of it.

Mim said...

1 Fireman Sam
2 Good Charlotte
3 Bruges
4 Muslims
5 Wales

Olga said...

Q1) Fireman Sam: Set for Action

Q2) Good Charlotte

Q3) Brussels

Q4) Muslims

Q5) Wales
Yes, I know about doing things late at night. The results can be... interesting, to say the least. I hope your weight loss meeting goes well today.
I'll keep you posted on the article about the games day. I was wondering if a programme dedicated to games and gamers wouldn't be interesting for the schedule.

Debbi said...

Ah, Trevor did you a kindness there. Well done, Trevor! :)

I like your earworm song. Haven't heard it in ages!

1. Fireman Sam: Set for Action
2. Good Charlotte (From Waldorf, Maryland!)
3. Brussels
4. Muslims
5. Wales