Tuesday 26 March 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26-3-2024 — Testing Times.

26th March, 2024: Testing Times.


It’s officially official: I’m up, early.

I’ve a meeting at my local Job Centre: the first in roughly a year.

The only thing that worries me … ?

Is my ‘new’ work coach has the same — ish! — name as a well known Eric Idle character.


Now … does anyone want a snack … ?


~≈🍟≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The UK’s driving test was introduced on 26th March.   Of which year of the 1930s?

Q2)        Was that initial version of the test, voluntary: yes, or no?

Q3)        The Test includes a two part theory test.   Part one is a multiple-choice question test.   Part two is a hazard what test?

Q4)        After you pass the theory test, you have to take a practical test.   If needed during the test, you have to wear what: glasses, underwear or a hat?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency administers the test, where: Northern Ireland or Great Britain?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        25th March is a US federal holiday.   That celebrates the holders of what: the Medal of Honor, Purple Heart or the Silver Star medal?
A1)        The Medal of Honor.

Q2)        That medal has only ever been awarded to one British warrior.   Which British warrior?
A2)        The Unknown Warrior: the one buried in Westminster Abbey.

Q3)        The medal is usually awarded by the US Commander in Chief.   That Commander is also known as whom: the Chief Justice, the US President or the US Vice-President?
A3)        The US President.

Q4)        There are three versions of the medal.   One for naval servicemen, another for Air and Space Forces personnel, and a third for members of the US what?
A4)        The US Army.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The first of the medals was awarded on 25th of March.   Of which year of the 1860s?
A5)        1863.
Here’s a thought …
“The Aforementioned vehicle is causing an obstruction: move it!”
Police Constable (played by Kenneth Williams,) in “Hancock’s Car”.
A quote … 
“The United Kingdom driving test is a test of competence that UK residents take in order to obtain a full Great Britain or Northern Ireland (car) driving licence or to add additional full entitlements to an existing one.”
From the Wikipedia article on the UK driving test …
An episode …


And an earworm§ … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Hello, Mum!

        Yeah … WhatsApp does seem to drop the ball, occasionally, Olga: I’m never sure if it’s the app, the network, or the users, that’s the problem!
        Yesterday was … OK: although I’d gained what I lost, last week.   I definitely feel like a yo-yo!
        Oh, that he did, Debbi.   (I keep his work on a shelf behind my monitor.   Along side a copy of Harts!)
        What we have with the Medal of Honor … ?   Is a case of Wikipedia contradicting itself: the page I linked in the answer the answer I used!

§        If anyone’s a ringer for Molly Millions?   It’s Nena, in that video … !

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1934

Q2) Yes

Q3) Perception

Q4) Glasses (underwear would be useful as well, I’m sure).

Q5) Great Britain
Sorry about that, but I've been there for a long time with my weight as well. Although my weight is more stable now, sometimes from one day to the next the variation in weight can be staggering, and my diet is pretty stable, so, definitely the body doesn't always work the same way.
I hope to catch up with my friends this afternoon. At least it has stopped raining now, so I hope they manage to fit in some sightseeing, although they had some visits booked and those were indoors, so there is that. They are leaving in the evening, so I hope to see them off tomorrow.

Mum said...

1 1935
2 no it was compulsory
3 Hazard Perseption
4 Glasses
5 UK