Wednesday 13 March 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13th March 2024.

13th March, 2024.


Right … it’s official … 

It’s Wednesday: and I’ve still not finished a review!

Although my nephew, Jude?

Has managed another video … !


My only excuse?

Is that it’s taking a lot longer to write my review’s associated post than I thought.

The problem … ?

Is that I’ve had to write more about Ezra Miller than I expected.

Oy … vey … !

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The Battle of Badr took place: on 13th March, AD624.   The Badr in question is in what’s now where: Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia or Yemen?

Q2)        Pope Francis was elected on 13th March, 2013.   He’s which pope to have held the office: the 264th, 265th or 266th?

Q3)        A bombing in Ankara killed at least 37 people: on 13th March, 2016.   Where is Ankara: Lebanon, Turkey or Syria?

Q4)        Director, Henry Hathaway, was born on 13th March, 1898.   Most of his films Were what: horror films, westerns or romantic comedies?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Al Jaffee was born on 13th March, 1921.   He famously contributed to which magazine: Mad, Time or National Geographic?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        12th March is Arbor Day.   Where: the USA, China or Russia?
A1)        China.

Q2)        12th March is Arbor Day.   Where: the USA, Taiwan or Russia?
A2)        Taiwan.

Q3)        12th March, 2021, saw the death of killer, Ronald DeFeo.   The killings he committed inspired which film: The Godfather, The Amityville Horror or The Silence of The Lambs??
A3)        The Amityville Horror.   (The BBC’s iPlayer service recently aired Amityville: An Origin Story: which was a fascinating watch.)

Q4)        Sir Terry Pratchett died on 12th March, 2015.   Death and What Comes Next, Theatre of Cruelty and Turntables of the Night, all feature which of Sir Terry’s Discworld characters?
A4)        Death.   (If it’s any help?   Death has a white horse called Binky.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   The US president made the first of his Fireside Chats on 12th March, 1933.   Which president was it?
A5)        Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Here’s a thought …

“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.”
Marco Andretti, born March 13, 1987.

And a song co-written by Chico Science …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        Cheers for that, Olga!   :D   It’s something I try doing, as and when, as it seems an entertaining set of questions.   (The US Arbor day is at the end of April: otherwise I’d’ve thrown a third one in.)
        Oh, it’s a round, six sided, die!   I’ve not seen many of them: the last ones I saw must have two or three decades ago.   If I recall correctly§?   The ones I saw were hollow, had a ball bearing in them to act as a brake and were coated: so any rolls you made weren’t affected by the joins.   They were a bit like the early 100-sided dice.

        Hello, Mum!

        I’ve got the Batman theme on, now, Debbi¶: the one for the first Keaton movie.   It’s still quite a tune!   (It’s his version of the character, in the movie I saw: they even reuse the tune.)


§        I could be wrong about the six sided ones, Olga: they could well have been one-piece, like the moderns ones seem to be.

¶        Talking of Death, Debbi?   Apparently, the Discworld Death tried a skeletal horse: but didn’t take to it … 

4 comments:

trev-v said...

recheck your scores Imake 5 & 5 and the other score is 2.

Olga said...

Q1) Saudi Arabia

Q2) 266th

Q3) Turkey

Q4) westerns

Q5) Mad
She made me roll the round dice, and it definitely has something inside that prevents it from rolling all over, but I should have paid more attention to how it was made. She told me that when they travel, they always stop at a games shop and check what they can find, and one of the masters I spoke to was saying she had dice in different languages as well (I guess in games of rol you might roll the dice for other things. I think you can see one where you see clouds and rain. That one is rolled to decide what the weather is going to be like in the particular game you're playing).

Mum said...

1 Saudi Arabia
2 265th
3 Turkey
4 Westerns
5Mad

Debbi said...

I can see how Death might not care for that. :)

1. Saudi Arabia
2. 266th
3. Turkey
4. westerns
5. Mad magazine

I used to have a subscription to Mad! :)

"What me worry?" :)
- Alfred E. Neuman