Saturday 23 March 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23rd March 2024

23rd March, 2024.


Right then … it’s Saturday … !

Which means … I’ve got most of the bills paid.

Bar the obvious one!

We’ll have to see what happens, there: as I’ve still not had the physical copy I was told would be sent.

~≈Ü≈~

As a thought … ?

You probably know Steve Harley died a few days ago.

Right now?

I’ve his Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) on in the background.

I don’t know what you think: but I think the man’s phrasing was unique!


~≈🎤≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

The day also saw Trevor‡ leaving us a message.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        23rd March is the (Anglican) feast day of Saint Gregory the Illuminator.   He’s supposed to have converted which country to Christianity: Armenia, Bulgaria or the Czech Republic?

Q2)        23rd March is Family Day.   Where: South Africa, Egypt or Thailand?

Q3)        23rd March, 2022, saw the death of Madeline Albright.   She’s served as the 64th US what: President, Secretary of State or Defence Secretary?

Q4)        23rd March is Republic Day.   Where: Pakistan, Afghanistan or the People’s Republic of China?

Q5)        Finally … ?   23rd March is Promised Messiah Day.   To whom: Jehovah’s Witnesses, Ahmadiyya Muslims or Scientologists?   (I’m going to be picky, here.)
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        22nd March is World Water Day.   According to who: the EU, UN or AL?
A1)        The United Nations, or UN.

Q2)        The theme for this year’s day?   Is ‘Water for’ … what: peace, quiet or charm?
A2)        Peace.

Q3)        The day usually celebrates what: fresh water, sea water or brackish water?
A3)        Fresh water.   (That’s water with little in the way of dissolved solids.)

Q4)        Water’s chemical symbol is H₂O.   This means it has two hydrogen atoms: and one atom of what?
A4)        Oxygen.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Ice is frozen water.   Water in its gaseous state is which ‘S’?
A5)        Steam.
Here’s a thought …
“I have not had your advantages, gentlemen.   What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life.”
Horatio Bottomley, 23 March 1860 – 26 May 1933.
And a joke …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        OK: make sure they have a good time, Olga!

        Yep: ball-dropping is the one thing local councils know how to do, Debbi!

        Oh, I know it goes through Basildon Council, Trevor: it’s all over the envelope, after all.   I’m still blaming Brentwood Council, though: they’re the ones who’ve farmed it out to Basildon.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Armenia

Q2) South Africa

Q3) Secretary of State

Q4) Pakistan

Q5) Ahmadiyya Muslims
I hope everything gets sorted for you. I know it's no consolation, but I've found incompetence everywhere I've gone (in some places worse than others, but but in official places perhaps more so. One imagines that the really capable members of staff get either snatched up by the public sector or become disenchanted and demotivated having to deal with the resistance inbuilt into the system...
I've been communicating through e-mail with my friend, and I think it is her work e-mail, so I'm not sure of the specific arrangements as I haven't received a reply to the last e-mail I sent her. I hope she got to read it, but she has my phone number and I have hers, so we should be able to make some arrangements.

Mum said...

1 Arminia
2 South Africa
3 Secretary of State
4 Afganistan
5 Ahmadiyya

Debbi said...

Yeah, they do, don't they? :)

1. Armenia
2. South Africa
3. Secretary of State
4. Pakistan
5. Ahmadiyya Muslims