Friday 8 March 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8th March 2024.

8th March, 2024.


Yes: it’s Friday.

And … ?

My nephew, Jude, is over this afternoon.

Hopefully, we’ll get something done!

At any rate … ?

This morning, I have to head for the town: to see what we can do about that laptop.

Beyond taking down the adverts!

~≈|≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        8th March, 1010, saw Ferdowsi complete the Shahnameh.   The poem is important, where: Great Britain, Greater Iran or Großer Plön?

Q2)        Voyager 1 took photos on 8th March, 1979.   Of volcanoes on which moon: Europa, Io or Ganymede?

Q3)        172 people were killed in the Castle Gate Mine explosion: on 8th March, 1924.   Explosion and mine were where: Utah, Arizona or New Mexico?

Q4)        Queen Anne became Queen of England and Scotland on 8th March, 1702.   She was also Queen of where: Ireland, Transylvania or Hanover?

Q5)        Finally … ? 8th March, 1922, saw the birth of artist, Shigeru Mizuki.   He drew what: manga, anime or haiga?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …


Q1)        Israel named its first female party leader: on 7th March, 1969.   Who was she?
A1)        Golda Meir.   She became the country’s first female PM, a couple of days later.

Q2)        Goldie escaped recapture for a second time: on 7th March, 1965.   What was Goldie: an eagle, giraffe or lion?
A2)        An eagle.

Q3)        Writer, E. L. James, was born on 7th March, 1963.   2011 saw her publish Fifty Shades of what?
A3)        Fifty Shades of Grey.   (From the little I know of it?   It’s not something I’ll be writing a question set, about: the prose is supposed to be awful.   I’ve also met one or two members of the BDSM community who consider it both unrepresentative, badly done and with a central relationship that’s extremely non-consensual.)

Q4)        Actor, Peter Sarsgaard, was born on 7th March, 1971.   He played DA Gil Colson, in which 2022 film: Minions: the Rise of Gru, The Batman or Thor: Love and Thunder?
A4)        The Batman.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Bloody Sunday happened on 7th March of which year: 1920, 1965 or 1970?
A5)        1965: it was during protests marches that went from Selma to Montgomery.   Both communities were in Alabama.

Here’s a thought …
“If I had to give up either acting or dancing, I’d choose to keep dancing.”
Cyd Charisse, March 8, 1922 – June 17, 2008.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

†        Oh, I don’t know: giraffes can be sneaky, Olga!   Just when you’re not expecting one … it turns up!
        Funny you should mention blue, Olga: although I’d imagine it’s not funny for you!   But I had hamsters, many years ago: the first one was what they call blue-coloured.   Well, I say blue: she was more of a grey colour.   But yeah: it’s also funny where bruises turn up.
        At any rate … ?   I hope everything goes well!   Both the appointment, the pick-up and the funeral!   (I know there’s an old Jewish tradition — that’s shared with Islam — of getting a funeral done as quickly as possible.   That’s always struck me as sensible: you can start the grieving process faster.)
        Oh, I fed ‘giraffe’, ‘escaped’, ‘las Ramblas’ and ‘Barcelona’ into an AI art generator I use.   hmmmm … 



‡        Tell me about it, Debbi!   There’s been a few movies recently: that lift from stuff that’s now in the public domain.   I don’t know if the Banana Splits is PD: but Winnie the Pooh is … hence the dubious horror films.
        It sounds like we need the ‘Debbi Mack World Tour of Baltimore’ to get started as soon as possible!   If for no other reason than to get seed money.    (When I win the lottery, Debbi, I’ll let you know!)
        Oh … did I mention this song, Debbi … ?

2 comments:

Mum said...

1 Iran
2 Ganymeade
3 Utah
4 Ireland
5 Mangas

Debbi said...

The Python Boys are forever! :)

1. Greater Iran
2. Io
3. Utah
4. Ireland
5. manga

Love these short answers. My hand thanks you! :)