Friday 20 March 2009

Another Letter

Phew.   I’ve got to adit to getting used to my “Annoyed From Warley” role.   Seems that Councillor Brandon Lewis has made the official announcement that he is to stand down from Brentwood Council, and stand as the Conservative party candidate for Great Yarmouth in the 2010 General Election

Which is no surprise, really, it’s been on the relevant websites for a while.

It’s something I felt annoyed about for a while, so …

Hmmm.   Councillor Lewis is sensationally standing down?

I’ll admit, I think he has done well, in helping the Brentwood Council’s Conservative group push the cinema development through the council.   It had seriously got me thinking about voting Tory at the next council elections.   To the detriment of the Liberal party, who usually get me vote, at the local and national level.

But while I can understand a person being ambitious – something we all are, to some degree or another – I feel that standing down in 2010, a year before the most controversial building works this town has seen since the 1960’s, and that he help put through, is deeply insulting the ward he serves as councillor, to the people of the town he has help with the cinema, and, potentially, to the people of Great Yarmouth, who he may treat as cavalierly.

I may well be wrong.

But I feel that putting his career before the people he serves will backfire, somehow, on those in Brentwood he leaves behind him, councillor or constituent, and leave him relatively untouched.

And I’m pro-cinema.

Lord knows what those opposed will make of this.

Make of that what you will!


No comments: