Sunday 8 March 2009

The Cinema … AGAIN!!

You know, I knew there was a reason for not being a political activist.

Partly, it doesn’t seem to pay much.

And it does seem to chew up a lot of time.

Oy Veh!

But anyway, I’m off out, tonight.

Bless them, me two kid sister’s, Anna and Ruth, have decided to treat me to a trip to see “Watchmen”.   Admittedly in an out of town cinema, but, hopefully, there’ll be popcorn.

Hence the post – kind of.

One thing I picked up from the Brentwood Weekly News is that the relevant government minister is the Right Honourable Hazel Blears, MP for Salford, and Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.

Here’s the  text of the email I sent; –

Dear Ms Blears, 

I’m writing to you with regard to the newly announced cinema development, in Brentwood, in Essex.

This is something I and many of my fellow resident, feel very strongly about; – something you can read more about at the following links.



As you can see, I am personally in favour of the development, seeing it as a chance for both entertainment, and employment, in a small town that suffers a lack of both.

Saying that, there are a very vocal minority of residents who oppose the plans, fearing the lowering of the value of their homes.

I’m sympathetic.

But as someone who rents socially and has never been able to afford to even think about buying their own property, it’s an attitude of ingratitude I find mildly offensive.

But I’m digressing.

I’m informed that, should an appeal be made against this, it will go through your department.   I may be wrong, but I’m also assuming that it will go over your desk, at some stage.

Consequently, I’d like to know your opinion of the matter, your initial reactions, and what you, and your department plan to do about it, should it come before you.

Please be aware that, as has been my practise in this matter, I’m intent on posting this to my blog, along with any reply.

Yours,


Paul Downie”.

As, when, and if I get a reply, I’ll be posting it.  

No comments: