Tuesday 3 March 2009

The nights Gig.


























Isn’t it always the case?   It’s Tuesday, and the usual pre-gig nerves are waving whole SQUADs of butterflies around my stomach!

Like you hadn’t worked out I get stage fright, by now?

Possibly Not.

Well, I say stage fright, but it’s more a mix of that, and being worried about tonight’s turn-out; – I’m hoping for a good one, but …

Ooh, before I forget, if you want to preview the table Round questions, you can see those, here.

But, anyway, the next big theme night’ll be be Saint Patrick’s Night; – yes, I know many us will complain, somewhat, about that, but I wouldn’t worry too much.

I’ve got Saint George, and Saint Andrew lined up, as well …

Anyway, here’s the Saint Patrick’s Table Round, I used, at the King Harold, last year.

Q1) “Ulysses,” is one of the best loved works by which Irish author?

A1) James Joyce.


Q2)Which English Civil War leader is still one of the most hated men in the Republic of Ireland?

A2)Oliver Cromwell.


Q3)Liam Neeson appeared in which episode of the Star Wars movie franchise?   (Name and number, or just the name, please!)

A3)“Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.”


Q4)Which Irish born actor is the only Irishman to play James Bond?

A4)Pierce Brosnan.


Q5)Bob Geldof was the singer-songwriter, for which Irish band?

A5)The Boomtown Rats.


Q6)How many colours are on the Irish flag?

A6)Three.   (Orange, white, and green)


Q7)What kind of beer is Guinness?

A7) Stout


Q8)Which Irish playwright wrote “Waiting For Godot”?

A8)Samuel Beckett.


Q9)Teosearch (TEE-shock) is the Irish name for which Irish government position?

A9)The Irish Prime Minister.


Q10)Name either of Father Ted’s two fellow priests.

A10)Father Jack, and Father Dougal.

No comments: