Tuesday 31 March 2009

Just a quick Gazetteering …

Now as you might know, I’ve been writing here about movies, occasionally, and thought I’d share a vaguely relevant letter I’ve fired off to the Gazette, today; here’s the text of it …

Dear Gazette

I’ve got admit, the past few weeks I’ve not written about much that isn’t related to the controversial cinema, but I think I was put out by something I’ve seen, today.   As people who’ve been following my blog know, I and my friends are as broad a collection of movie fans as one can find.   And, as we were planning to watch one tonight, I nipped out to get some popcorn, to go with the film.

Coming back home from the local grocers, I happened to noticed a couple of … well … lads is the word that springs to mind, here.   Who were doing a drugs buy.

I know that may sound a little overdramatic, but, having been around the block a few times, and worked in one or two of Brentwood’s rougher pubs, I’m not entirely blind to these things.

And, while I’m usually fairly tolerant of most lifestyle choices, I’d rather not have this sort of thing thrust in my face.   Or going on at the end of my street.   And in broad daylight, at that.

Now, I know that Brentwood’s police are a hard working, under staffed bunch, but isn’t stopping this sort of thing what we pay our council tax for?

Just a thought …


Now, I know that makes me sound something like an old NIMBY, but …

No comments: