Tuesday 31 March 2009

Switching back from One, to Another

Hmm; well, that seems to decide things …

I’ll confess, here, that getting the quizzes cancelled is a pain, coming when it has; – I’ll confess that I am thinking of seeing if I can explore Ebay, to see id I can sell prepared quizzes – and, just as importantly, the spreadsheet file that has been the backbone and foundation of them – online.

It’s also bad because today saw the release of the open source office suite, NeoOffice 3.0; - something I’ve looking forward, for a while.

At least a week, certainly!

I know I’ve been tinkering with version 3 of OpenOffice.org, but I’ll confess I’ve found it still a touch clunky in comparison with NeoOffice; - even though NeoOffice is, ultimately, based on OpenOffice code.

Blowed if I know how they do it, you’d have to ask someone a touch more familiar with coding than me.

Mind you, that is a benefit, in one sense.   It means that NeoOffice has finally managed to at least catch up with the  (alt) + the various cursor keys, and the backspace () key, to navigate entire words.   Handy, from where I’m sitting.   It means I can navigate a document a lot more easily.   About the only minor flaw is that neither suite allows the use of the combination of Shift + Alt + the left cursor key, or backspace, to select words, within a given line; – something I’m assuming will be available in the next update.

Which will probably be a while, given I only downloaded the disk image, today

No comments: