Sunday 1 March 2009

Tables & Teasers





























I’ve got to admit, I can be a little bit  naughty, sometimes.

It’s me birthday, Wednesday, so this week’s table round is about some of my favourite things …

But, here, see what you make of them …

Q1) One of the more recent albums I bought was by Jean Michel Járre; – what was the name of his 1st album; – “Oxygène”, “Equinoxe”, or “Zoolook”?


Q2) Another album I’ve bought was by Was (Not Was).   What was their biggest UK hit; – “Walk the Dinosaur”, “Papa Was A Rolling Stone” or “Shake Your Head”?


Q3) The only Vangelis album I’ll admit to owning is the soundtrack to “Bladerunner”.   Which sporting movie did Vangelis write the soundtrack to; – “Raging Bull”, “Chariots of Fire”, or “A League of Their Own


Q4) Ron Grainer and Delia Derbyshire co-composed the theme tune to “Doctor Who”; – which Patrick McGoohan spy series did Ron Grainer compose the theme tune for?


Q5) More to the point, which seventies sci-fi series did Delia Derbyshire compose the theme to; - “Sapphire & Steel”, “The Day of The Triffids”, or “The Tomorrow People”?


Q6) One of the films I recently blogged about was the original 1980’s version of “Hellraiser”, co starring actor Andrew Robinson.   In which “Star Trek” spin off did Andrew Ronbinson appear; - “The Next Generation”, “Deep Space Nine”, or “Voyager”?


Q7) Clive Barker wrote the original story “Hellraiser” was based on; who directed the original film version?


Q8) One of the films I’d like to see this year is “Watchmen”.   Name  the original novel’s writing team; a) Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons, b) John Wagner & Carlos Ezquerra, or c) Alan Grant and Brian Bolland?   (a, b, or c will do, for this one!)


Q9) While we’re in a literary mood, what’s Terry Pratchett Discworld version of Wales; – Llamedos, Llareggub, or Ffodos?


Q10) And finally … regulars of the quiz night’s here know I’m a rabid fan of Apple Macintosh computer’s; - what’s the name of Apple’s CEO?


I had the idea, last year, after me fortieth; – mostly so I could give my regulars, and some of my friends a cheap night’s entertainment.

With a few twistier questions than usual …

And, yes, you all welcome.

Enjoy!

No comments: