Thursday 19 March 2009

Tonights Gig.





It’s lunchtime, on the day of the Saint Patrick’s Night.

And I’m blogging about something I like doing.

For those of my readers who hadn’t realised, my one remaing quiz is 8•30pm, Thursdays, at the Hutton, in Hutton.

And, for those of you unfamiliar with them, let me just give you the format I use.

It’ll be a sixty question quiz – six rounds, ten questions per round, with a joker – with the Saint Patrick’s theme covered by this week’s table round.

I don’t pre-announce the rounds, in case you’re asking.   So you play you Joker when I announce the name of the round.

And, as you may have guessed, I’ve this bad habit of … ah … previewing the table round.   In case you’ve not seen the ones I’m planning to use tonight, you can find them here.

But just in case …

Q1) Which Irish group have an album called “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb”?


Q2) By what other name is the song “Londonderry Air” better known?


Q3) Which Irish judge adjudicates at the ‘X-Factor’ talent show?


Q4) “Mandinka” was the first hit for which Irish singer?


Q5) Which Irishman took over from Terry Wogan, as presenter of Eurovision?


Q6) U2 are the biggest selling Irish act of all time; – who’s the second biggest?


Q7) Who had the 2008 Xmas in the Irish singles chart?


Q8) How many members did Boyzone have?


Q9) In which Irish city did alt rockers My Bloody Valentine form, in 1984?


Q10) Pogues original name was Pogue Mahone; – what’s the rather cheeky English translation of the phrase?

No comments: