Friday 13 March 2009

Just a quick thought.

Just as a quick thought for everyone.   I managed to have a quick, this morning, with Gerry, an old school teacher of mine who’s one of the leaders of the Save Brentwood Action group, and helping lead opposition to the cinema development.

I’m disappointed about that.   We both agree on the need for the cinema – as far as I can see must people in town do – but it’s a shame that he’s taking the view that the size is objectionable.   It does, after all,  mean more jobs for the area.

Gerry’s equally valid point – that initially half of those vacancies would be taken by people already working for the company – is good.

But my thinking here, is quite simply the other half wont be.   That locals have a good chance of putting in for those vacancies.

And, equally, it seems the planned branch of Waitrose could well be a no-show.   The plot could well go to Lidl’s, from what Gerry was telling me.

All to the good, I’m thnking; - jobs AND cheap food. 

This is a story that’s going to run and run, I think.

Moving rapidly along, the photo’s a bunch of folks I managed to shot, this morning, happily rattling the bucket for Red Nose Day.   Here’s hoping they get a good turn out.

Unless they’re a bunch of Fathers for Justice campaigners.

I could be embarrassing meself, there …

No comments: