Thursday 23 February 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23-2-2023 — The Emperor’s Birthday.

23rd February, 2023: The Emperor’s Birthday.


Right … it’s officially pay day.

Frankly?

That leaves me doing one thing: paying the bills.

Yes: it’s all fun and games!

~≈Œ≈~

I follow the news, occasionally: indeed, I’ve got Radio 4’s flagship Today programme on, as I write.

I’m ALSO aware I’m connected to the ’Net with what’s called a Social Tariff: a cheap internet connection, aimed at those of us on a low income.

Personally?   I think a bit more could be done to promote these.

And, possibly, make them cheaper.

It seems a few people agree: as various bodies have spoken to the relevant House of Lords committees, arguing more should be done to promote them, and that they should not be liable to Value Added Tax, for VAT.

Here’s hoping that helps!

~≈Œ≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on one.



The day also saw Trevor^ leaving us a message.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        23rd February is the Emperor’s Birthday.   Where: Thailand, Japan or India?

Q2)        Who IS that Emperor: Naruhito, Akihito or Hirohito?

Q3)        The Emperor sits on the what: Chrysanthemum Throne, Begonia throne or Porcelain Throne?

Q4)        The Emperor is part of the what dynasty: Yamato dynasty, Tomato dynasty or Takamura dynasty?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The birthday will be marked by a public holiday: and a ceremony at the Imperial Palace.   The Imperial Palace, where: Bangkok, Tokyo or New Delhi?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        One of a pair of Cleopatra’s Needles was erected in New York: on 22nd February, 1881.   The other Needle was erected where: London, Paris or Berlin?
A1)        London.

Q2)        22nd February is Independence Day in Saint Lucia.   It marks the country’s independence from the UK: in which year of the 1970s?
A2)        1979.

Q3)        An IRA bomb exploded on 22nd February, 1972.   Where: Aldershot, Basingstoke or Catterick?
A3)        Aldershot.   (The barracks in question were home to the 16th Parachute Brigade.)

Q4)        Drew Barrymore was born on 22nd February, 1975.   In which 1980 film did she play Margaret Jessup?
A4)        Altered States.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Genesis P-Orridge was born on 22nd February, 1950.   They were the singer for which band: the Cramps, Psychic TV or Captain Gigantic’s Electronic Drone Collective?
A5)        Psychic TV.
Here’s a thought … 
“I am delighted and deeply grateful that you have come to celebrate.   I wish for your health and happiness.”
The Emperor.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Cheers, Olga: I managed to correct that question.   Genesis was the singer: and was one of the first people I know of to use gender neutral pronouns.   Which always strikes me as odd: but each to their own.
        That sounds a look like my old room: when I was a teen, we lived on the other side of the hill, in fantastic old place on Warley Mount.   I ended up in the attic room: which was great … but was difficult to find shelves for!
        As for the late great Bernard Cribbins?   There’s been a bit of a fuss, recently.

        Hello, Mum!

‡        I hope so, Debbi!   At any rate, I was tempted to do fifteen: Judge Dredd’sª the British comic book equivalent to Dr Who.   He’s THAT big!
        An old friend’s done a video about Dredd’s early years: although I don’t know how much sense it will makes.


^        Oh, I am sorry to hear that, Trevor: can you pass Penny my regards, please?   Cheers!

ª        I don’t know if the collected case files will be in the your local library, Debbi: but they are on the US Amazon.

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Japan
2 Naruhito
3 Chrysathemum throne
4 Yamoto
5 Tokyo

Olga said...

Q1) Japan

Q2) Naruhito

Q3) Chrysanthemum Throne

Q4) Yamato dynasty

Q5) Tokyo
I didn't know about the issue and the bad memory of the academy. They shared news of restrictions with the supply of some fresh foods in the UK, here. I had seen it on Twitter already. Here the prices keep going/being pretty high, but they are there if you can afford them!
All the phone companies have increased their prices, so anything to help those with few means would be good.

Debbi said...

Well, you know how I feel about Amazon. I avoid them whenever possible. :)

1. Japan
2. Naruhito
3. Chrysanthemum Throne
4. Yamato Dynasty
5. Tokyo