Saturday 18 February 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18th February 2023.

18th February, 2023.


I was expecting a plumber, yesterday.

Partly … ?   To fix a dripping tap: and partly to sort out my bathtub.

He’d turn up between eight am and five PM, I was told.

Ha!

Did he turn up?

Did he, heck!

It looks like I’m going to have to get in touch with my landlords, again!

~≈🏠≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Walter James Bolton was executed: on 18th February, 1957.   As such, he was the last person executed, where: Australia, New Zealand or Papua New Guinea?

Q2)        18th February is the 49th day of the year.   What’s the square root of 49?

Q3)        Gambia became independent from the UK: on 18th February.   18th February of which year of the 1960s?

Q4)        FBI agent, Robert Hanssen, was arrested for spying: on 18th February, 2001.   Spying for whom: the USA, USSR or UK?

Q5)        Finally … ?   18th February is the feast day of Saint Simeon of where: Jericho, Jerusalem or Jaffa?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        17th February, 1490, saw the birth of Charles 3rd.   Charles was a duke of where: Aquitaine, Bourbon or Orléans?
A1)        Duke of Bourbon.

Q2)        17th February, 1912, saw the birth of which writer: Ursula Le Guin, Andre Norton or Marion Zimmer Bradley?
A2)        Andre Norton.

Q3)        Actor, Hal Holbrook was born on 17th February, 1925.   He played Deep Throat in which 1976 film: The Girl from Petrovka, All the President’s Men or Midway?
A3)        All the President’s Men.

Q4)        17th February, 1979, saw China invade where: Vietnam, South Korea or Taiwan?
A4)        Vietnam.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Ranger 8 probe photographed the Sea of Tranquility: on 17th February, 1965.   Where is the Sea of Tranquility: Mars, Earth or the Moon?
A5)        The Moon.
Here’s a thought … 
“When old men decided to barter young men for pride and profit, the transaction was called war.”
From Eleven Declarations of War, by Len Deighton, born 18 February 1929.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Cheers, Olga, I managed to get the year, corrected!
        And yes: ‘busy, but stuck’ sort of sums it up!   Pointlessly stuck, as it goes: the plumber was a no-show.   It means contacting Clarion to ask what’s happening!   I guess the chair’s getting done, Tuesday!
        At any rate … ?   Get well soon: here’s hoping the cold clears up in time!   Have you thought about a voice synthesiser?   That might help!


        Hello, Mum … !

        I’m not going to mention outright piracy, Debbi, I know how you feel about it … !

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 New Zealand
2 Jude say it's 7
3 1965
4 USSR
5 Jerusalem

Olga said...

Q1) New Zealand

Q2) 7

Q3) 1965

Q4) USSR

Q5) Jerusalem
I ended up going to cover the activity for the Radio, as nobody else could go, and I had to judge a fancy dress competition as well, but I tried not to talk too much, and the interviews were quite short.
I hope you can sort the problem soon. Oh, not sure if it is just me, but yesterday and today, I cannot access your blog directly, as it warns me that there is "sensitive content" in it..., so I have to click and say that I understand what that might mean and I trust you... Go figure!

Debbi said...

That is such a great video with Stephen Hawking! :) And Monty Python.

1. New Zealand
2. 7
3. 1965
4. USSR
5. Jerusalem

As an officer of the courts of Maryland and the USA, you know I abide and support and etc. And as a citizen of earth ... okay, I'll stop. :) Trying to move my fingers. And doing it!