Sunday 26 February 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th February 2023 Teaser.

26th February, 2023.



Yes: I’m experimental, today.

One thing I got with a recent batch of birthday money … ?

I managed to get an extra webcam: as I’d been rather impressed with the camera Jude — my nephew — had for Christmas.

It’s not perfect: but works well enough, and can record in 2k resolution.

Whether it make’s much different to a video review?


I don’t know.

If you could let me know … ?

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        2000AD was first published: on 26th February, 1977.   True or False: Judge Dredd was in the first issue of 2000AD.

Q2)        Animator, Tex Avery, was born on 26th February, 1908.   Famously, he didn’t work for who: Disney, MGM or Warner Brothers?

Q3)        26th February is Saviours’ Day.   According to which new religious movement: the Nation of Islam, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Scientologists or the Church of the Tin Vagabond?

Q4)        26th February is the feast day of Saint Isabelle of France.   She’s a patron saint of whom: athletes, the sick or cats?

Q5)        Finally … ?   26th February is Liberation Day.   Where: Estonia, Kuwait or Haiti?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        25th February is the National Day of Kuwait.   Kuwait is on which gulf: the Persian Gulf, the Hauraki Gulf or the Gulf of Mexico?
A1)        The Persian Gulf.

Q2)        25th February, 1705, saw the debut of Handel’s Nero.   In which city: Manchester, Hamburg or Toulouse?
A2)        Hamburg.

Q3)        25th February, 1475, saw the birth of Edward, the 17th Earl of Warwick.   He was the last legitimate heir to what: the House of Stuart, House of Plantagenet or the House of Normandy?
A3)        The House of Plantagenet.

Q4)        The Warsaw Pact disbanded: on 25th February, 1991.   At a meeting, where: Budapest, Pristina or Tbilisi?
A4)        Budapest.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Muhammad Ali won the world heavyweight championships on 25th February, 1964: under his original name.   What was that name?
A5)        Cassius Clay.
Here’s a thought … 
“The worst thing you can do with money is save it.”
Jackie Gleeson, February 26, 1916 – June 24, 1987.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Hello, Mum!

        That he does, Olga: did you know Zelenskyy’s a former actor, and stand-up comedian?   That explains his timing, and his media savviness.
        But, yes: it doesn’t surprise me that things aren’t always what they seem, over in Ukraine.   I get the impression that half of any given battle is fought in the media.
        It’s still going to be chilly, today, I think: but?   Still, we have sunshine … and birdsong!   (I hope that dictionary’s useful: it shows you the spellings, and where you can break a word, if you need to split it across lines.)

        It’s near enough exactly what I was after, Debbi.   It’s a spelling dictionary, rather than a book of definitions.   Handily, it distinguishes between US and British spellings: and uses bars (|) and broken bars (¦), to show where you can or may break a word across lines.   Not that I need that latter, but it is useful to know!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) False (He appeared for the first time in the second issue, or Prog)

Q2) Disney

Q3) the Nation of Islam

Q4) the sick

Q5) Kuwait
Yes, I knew Zelenski was an actor. I know one of the minor TV channels here talked about showing one of his series, but I am not sure if that has happened yet. (If it has, I haven't heard anything about it, so it's probably for the best.
The dictionary sounds useful. I'm going to accompany my friend to visit her mother in Alexandria, Egypt, again, for a few days early in April (I'll let you know before I set off, because although I will have some access to internet, I realised some sites cannot be accesses from there, and this time we couldn't find any direct flights, so we'll be in transit for a long time, so...) and I was trying to find some useful resources for Arabic. I've been studying it on Duolingo (together with quite a few other languages, because once I start on one, I tend to keep going, even if I make little progress), but the method is not always terribly practical. It is complicated, for sure, but if I can recognise a few more of the most common words, at least, it will be something.
Ah, I think the quality of the video looks better, but it will always depend on the equipment available to the person watching it...

Freda said...

1 false
2 Disney
3 Nation of Islam
4 The Sick
5 Kuwait

Debbi said...

That is so cool! If I bought one of those, Rick would kill me. We're trying to give away books. Slowly. Very slowly. :)

1. False
2. Disney
3. the Nation of Islam
4. the sick
5. Kuwait