Tuesday 14 March 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14th March 2023.

14th March, 2023.


You know, it’s easy to forget quite how busy a week can possibly be.

I’ve a weight management meeting by phone, this morning.

And my nephew, this afternoon.

There’s possibly going to be more videos, done: on top of the video review I’ve already done.


I hope someone gets the Goons reference in that!

At any rate … ?

I’ve got all that on … plus I’ve had my council tax bill … and needs to chase up the help I can get.

AND take in both bank statements, and proof I’m claiming benefits.

Given I’ve got a plumber on Friday, a doctors appointment, tomorrow, and a food bank delivery, today … ?

The next few days will be busy … !

~≈Ô≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

The day also saw Trevor^ leaving us a message.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        14th March is Dita e Verës, or Summer Day.   Where: Albania, Bulgaria or the Czech Republic?

Q2)        Jodrell Bank Observatory contacted the Pioneer 5 satellite on 14th March, 1960: setting a distance record in the process.   The Observatory is in which English county: Berkshire, Cheshire or Derbyshire?

Q3)        14th March, 2007, saw fourteen people killed: in the small town of Nandigram.   Nandigram is where: India, Bangladesh or Pakistan?

Q4)        Security forces killed at least sixty-five people in Hlaingthaya Township: on 14th March, 2012.   Township and killings were where: Myanmar, Nepal or Oman?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Albert Einstein was born on 14th March, 1879.   His four most influential papers were published in which year: 1904, 1905 or 1906?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Siege of Khartoum started: on 13th March, 1884.   It ended on 26th January of which year: 1885, 1886 or 1887?
A1)        1885.

Q2)        Khartoum is in which African nation?
A2)        Sudan.

Q3)        The besieging forces were led by Muhammad Ahmad.   Ahmad claimed to be the Islamic what: Caliph, Sultan or Mahdi?
A3)        Mahdi.

Q4)        The British forces were lead by the newly appointed Governor General Charles George who: Gordon, Bennet or Ramsey?
A4)        Governor General Charles George Gordon.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Governor General was known as the what: Masher, Pasha or Dasher?
A5)        Pasha.
Here’s a thought … 
“If I was not a physicist, I would probably be a musician.   I often think in music.”
Albert Einstein, 14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955.)
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        I think you’re right, there, Olga, choice comes into it.   Although, I think a few Oscar winners do the unexpected movies — the ‘underpaid’, independent films — as it does their reputations a favour.   Saying that, I know she did Tomorrow Never Dies, the Bond film.   I think she did a lot of her own stunts, which would’ve helped get her that job.


        Hello, Mum!   (Debbi said ‘Well Done’, for yesterday.)

        Ah HA!   Kurt Vonnegut!   I have to sit down with some more of his work, Debbi, I really do!

^        I knew what ‘ginnel’ meant, Trevor: one of my sisters dated a chap from Derbyshire, and they use the term, there.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Albania

Q2) Cheshire

Q3) India

Q4) Myanmar

Q5) 1905
I hope you have fun with your nephew and the meeting goes well too.

Freda said...

1 Albania
2 Cheshire
3 India
4 Mayamar
5 1905

Debbi said...

If you haven't read it, check out Slaughterhouse-Five.

Also, Welcome to the Monkey House.

1. Albania
2. Cheshire
3. India
4. Myanmar
5. 1905

It's been years since I last read Vonnegut. So, I have my work cut out for me. :)