Sunday 19 March 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19th March 2023

19th March, 2023.


Yep: I was up late (ish) last night.

Writing a review — and making the video equivalent — of ‘Imposters’, the most recent episode of Star Trek Picard.


This morning … ?

I feel shattered!

More shattered than I’ve felt for some time.

Quite why … ?

I have no idea: but have a funny idea it’s something to do with the increased dosage of Semaglutide I’m on.

I’ll have to check with my GP, the next time I speak with her.

~≈fl≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Mum scoring five out of five, and Olga and Debbi on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Governor Fred B. Balzar approved the law that allowed gambling: on 19th March, 1931.   It allowed gambling, where: Texas, California or Nevada?

Q2)        Bruce Willis was born on 19th March, 1955.   He’s recently been diagnosed with a form of what: HIV/AIDS, Dementia or Cancer?

Q3)        Frank Nitti committed suicide on 19th March, 1943.   He’d been leader of which city’s Mafia: Chicago’s, Detroit’s or San Francisco’s?

Q4)        ver.di was formed on 19th March, 2001.   It’s a trade union in which European Country?

Q5)        Finally … ?   19th March is Kashubian Unity Day. Where: Poland, Finland or Estonia?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        18th March is the Feast day of Saint Anselm of Lucca.   Anselm is the patron saint of where: Lucca, Mantua or Rome?
A1)        Despite being Archbishop of Lucca? Mantua: also called Mantova.

Q2)        Chen Shui-bian was elected President: on 18th March, 2000.   Of where: Taiwan, China or Thailand?
A2)        Taiwan.

Q3)        18th March, 1673, saw John Berkley sell his half of something to a group of Quakers.   His half of what: the Moon, New Jersey or Yorkshire?
A3)        New Jersey.

Q4)        18th March, 1845, saw the birth of Kicking Bear.   Kicking Bear was a tribal leader of which Native American peoples: the Sioux, Hoh or Choctaw?
A4)        The Sioux.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Actor, Brad Dourif, was born on 18th March, 1950.   He played which character in the Lord of the Rings films: Gríma Wormtongue, Legolas or Aragorn?
A5)        Gríma Wormtongue.
Here’s a thought … 
“What I look for in a man isn’t printable!   I wouldn’t want to shatter my cool Swiss image.”
Ursula Andress, born 19 March 1936.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.








*        I’m just trying to work out if it or the co-codemol is making me tired, Olga: it (metaphorically) hit me like a ton of bricks!   I feel exhausted, this morning!
        I’ve had a quick skim through the paperwork.   According to page 45, the bit about the mandatory reconsideration I had?   The person who did that says the ‘… client is right handed.’   I don’t know if I can mention that at the Tribunal … but I’m planning to … 


        Hello, Mum!   Happy Mothers Day!

        He was never in Æon Flux, Debbi, was he?   The Charlize Theron film?   (That bombed, if I recall.)

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Nevada
2 Dementia
3 Chicago
4 Germany
5 Poland

Olga said...

Q1) Nevada

Q2) Dementia

Q3) Chicago’s

Q4) Germany

Q5) Poland
It is definitely worth mentioning that they got that wrong (I mean saying that you are right-handed). Well, codeine is an opiate, and although it is very mild compared to others, I guess the effects might vary from person to person, especially when you are taking other medication as well. It is difficult to work out the interactions of the different medications, that is for sure. I hope your doctor can help you work it out, and, in any case, I am sure you won't be taking Co-codamol long-term, so that should help clarify matters.

Debbi said...

You're right. I worded that ambiguously. Also, I meant to say "And Aeon Flux. Which I loved." I just loved Aeon Flux, which I think was on MTV? Yes, it was part of Liquid TV, you may recall.

1. Nevada
2. Dementia
3. Chicago
4. Germany
5. Poland

The movie may have bombed, but I enjoyed it. It was fun and a bit creepy. :)

It also had Jonny Lee Miller in it. I thought he was great as Eli Stone. One of the few lawyer shows I can stomach. :)