Sunday 26 March 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th March 2023.

26th March, 2023.


Yes: I think I can say I’m worried.

Officially or otherwise.

Remember me saying the I’d lost a USB stick?   One with quite a bit of personal data on it?

I went into town to do a little shopping: and check the places I’d been the day before, to see if I’d left or dropped the stick, there.

I hadn’t: neither Sainsbury’s, nor the library had seen hide nor hair of it.

I’m … concerned.

The stick, itself, is easy enough to replace.

The personal data on it?

The data that’s all sorts of valuable to an identity thief?

Not so easy to guard.

Frankly?

I can only hope it’s found and handed in.

Or got dropped down a drain, and rained on.

That way, the data’s safe.

~≈💽≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        26th March is Purple Day in the US and Canada.   The day is supposed to raise awareness of which condition: epilepsy, cancer or asthma?

Q2)        26th March is the feast day of Saint Castulus.   He’s the patron saint of what: sheep theft, horse theft or cattle rustling?

Q3)        26th March, 1812, saw a cartoon in the Boston Gazette coin which term: gerrymander, Omnishambles or virtue signalling?

Q4)        Which War’s final offensive began on 26th March, 1939: the Sino-Japanese War’s, the War of 1812’s or the Spanish Civil War’s?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Nancy Pelosi was born on 26th March, 1940.   Until January of this year, she was the Speaker of what: the House of Commons, the House of Lords, the House of Representatives or the Senate?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        Up until 1751, and only in England, Wales, Ireland, and some parts of North America, 25th March was what: New Years Day, Christmas Day or April Fools Day?
A1)        New Years Day.

Q2)        Tolkien fans mark 25th March as Tolkien Reading Day.   It’s based on the date of the fall — in The Lord of the Rings — of where: Barad-dûr, Minas Tirith or the Shire?
A2)        Barad-dûr.   (The Shire is the home of the Hobbits.   Minas Tirith is the capital of Gondor: the greatest human realm in Middle Earth.   Barad-dûr is Sauron’s citadel in the land of Mordor.)

Q3)        In Sweden, 25th March is Våffeldagen.   In other words, the day when Swedes are supposed to eat what: lutefisk, waffles or pea soup?
A3)        Waffles.

Q4)        D. C. Fontana was born on 25th March, 1939.   She’s best known for her work on which series: The X Files, Dr Who or Star Trek?
A4)        Star Trek.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Mark Brooks was born on 25th March, 1961.   He plays what: football, tennis or golf?
A5)        Golf.
Here’s a thought …
“The President must be held accountable. No one is above the law.”
Nancy Pelosi, born 26th March, 1940.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Yeah: his visit was due to start, today, Olga.   It’s possibly one less thing for President Macron to worry about.
        Unlike my blessed USB stick!   I can only hop that’s literally ended up down the drain: that would keep Any data safe!

        Hello, Mum!   (I’m assuming you meant Barad-dûr?)

        I know what you mean, Debbi!
        I knew the word, ‘hack’: as in writer.   But that’s the first time I’ve seen a proper definition.   Oh, and bumfuzzle?   I’m not going to ask!
        Oh, the picture of the cat, in that article … ?   Reminded me of someone … 

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Epilepsy
2 Shepherds
3 Gerrymander
4 Spainish Civil War
5 Representatives

Olga said...

Q1) epilepsy

Q2) horse theft

Q3) gerrymander

Q4) the Spanish Civil War’s

Q5) the United States House of Representatives
So sorry to hear about your USB stick. I don't think it's your thing, but I have checked, and Sant Anthony of Padua is the Patron Saint of Lost Things. I even found some prayers one can try. Well, even my cousin advised me to pray if nothing worked when I had a problem with my PhD (with Word and the footnotes, not with the content. Basically, the footnotes would not align with the pages where the numbers were. It was quite a long time ago and it seems it was a well-known problem. I did manage to sort it out, I think).

Debbi said...

Nice kitty! :)

1. epilepsy (this is the first I've heard of it)
2. horse theft (there's a patron saint for that! wow!)
3. gerrymander
4. the Spanish Civil War's
5. the House of Representatives