Thursday 9 March 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 9th March 2023.

9th March, 2023.


It’s Thursday!

Yay!

OK … that’s possibly an over enthusiastic opening, isn’t it?

But … ?

The boiler’s NOT de-pressurised on me, this morning.

And we have rain: rather than snow.

~≈💧≈~

On a sad note … ?

Chaim Topol has died.

I have to confess, I know little of his career: beyond having seen Flash Gordon and For Your Eyes Only, back in the day.

And Fiddler on the Roof, many years later.

Which, I should add, is a beautiful: in part, because of his performance as Teyve.


He’s going to be much missed.

~≈💧≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Christopher George Latore Wallace was shot and killed: on 9th March, 1997.   He was better known as whom: the Notorious B.I.G, Tupac or Grandmaster Flash?

Q2)        The Andreanof Islands earthquake took place: in the early hours of 9th March, 1957.   The islands are in which ocean: the Atlantic, Pacific or Indian?

Q3)        Amerigo Vespucci was born on 9th March, 1451.   Vespucci is the man that North and South where are named after?

Q4)        Linda Fiorentino was born on 9th March, 1958: or 9th March, 1960.   She plays Laurel Weaver in which Will Smith film: Independence Day, Men in Black or Enemy of the State??

Q5)        Finally … ?   9th March is the feast day of Saint Catherine of Bologna.   Where is Bologna: France, Italy or Romania?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)         8th March is the Feast day of Saint Felix of Burgundy.   Burgundy was in what’s now where: France, Spain or Portugal? 
A1)        France.

Q2)        Felix is also known as Felix of Dunwich.   The Dunwich in question is where: Norfolk, Suffolk or Essex?
A2)        Suffolk.

Q3)        8th March, 1985, saw forty-five people killed in a car bombing.   A car bombing in which Lebanese city: Baalbek, Batroun or Beirut?
A3)        Beirut.

Q4)        Max von Sydow died on 8th March, 2020.   He played Liet Kynes: in which David Lynch film: Eraserhead, The Elephant Man or Dune?
A4)        Dune.

Q5)         Finally … ?   Queen Anne ascended the throne of England: on 8th March, 1702. When did she become Queen of Great Britain: 1707, 1708 or 1709?
A5)        1707.
Here’s a thought … 
“What's behind me is not important!”
Raul Julia, March 9, 1940 – October 24, 1994.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*         Hello, Mum!   (It was Suffolk and 1707 rather than Norfolk and 1708!)

        I’d assume so, Olga: I got the figure from the BBC piece on the bombing.   And that busker was definitely eye-catching: apparently, he was in Barcelona’s Gothic quarter.   Did he got the wrong Goths, or is that just me?
        Good luck with the big event!   (I keep meaning to do another Women’s Day set: we’ll have to see.)

        It IS a shame, Debbi.
        Although, if I recall … ?  Wolverine can *sort of* regenerate.   Or, at least, seal heal.   I still think I prefer Molly from Neuromancer, when it comes to characters with claws!
        Oh, right, hang on … I get who you’re talking, now: yes, it is a shame … !

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) the Notorious B.I.G.

Q2) Pacific

Q3) America (Controversial as that is)

Q4) Men in Black

Q5) Italy
Good for the boiler! Fingers crossed! It's raining heavily here as well. I'll keep you posted on the event this evening.
I saw Topol live, playing Fiddler on the Roof, in Eastbourne. It was a long time ago, but he was as good as in the movie. Shame, indeed, although I cannot recall seeing him in many other roles either.
We have rain here as well!

Freda said...

1 B I G
2 Atlantic
3 America
4 Men in Black
5 Italy

Debbi said...

I remember Chaim Topol from a movie I saw as a kid. Before he was in a Bond movie. Thought he was really cool. :)

1. the Notorious B.I.G.
2. the Pacific
3. America
4. Men in Black
5. Italy