Saturday 18 March 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18th March 2023.

18th March 2023.


Right … it’s officially Saturday, officially raining … 

And I’m feeling sleepy.

To help me deal with the ongoing pain in my knee?

My GP’s prescribed me some pain-killers: some co-codemol 15/500 tablets.

The one dose I had, last night?

Helped … 

But lord, it makes you sleepy!

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        18th March is the Feast day of Saint Anselm of Lucca.   Anselm is the patron saint of where: Lucca, Mantua or Rome?

Q2)        Chen Shui-bian was elected President: on 18th March, 2000.   Of where: Taiwan, China or Thailand?

Q3)        18th March, 1673, saw John Berkley sell his half of something to a group of Quakers.   His half of what: the Moon, New Jersey or Yorkshire?

Q4)        18th March, 1845, saw the birth of Kicking Bear.   Kicking Bear was a tribal leader of which Native American peoples: the Sioux, Hoh or Choctaw?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Actor, Brad Dourif, was born on 18th March, 1950.   He played which character in the Lord of the Rings films: Gríma Wormtongue, Legolas or Aragorn?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        17th March saw the birth of writer, William Gibson.   In which year of the 1940s?
A1)        1948.

Q2)        In his 1982 story, ‘Burning Chrome,’ he coined a tern for the internet.   What term: ‘Cyberspace’, ‘world wide web’ or ‘information superhighway’?
A2)        Cyberspace’.

Q3)        Gibson wrote an early draft of the script for which film: The Crying Game, Braindead or Alien 3?
A3)        Alien 3.

Q4)        Gibson co-wrote ‘Kill Switch’ and ‘First Person Shooter’.   ‘Kill Switch’ and ‘First Person Shooter’ were episodes of what: Babylon 5, The X-Files or Star Trek: The Next Generation
A4)        The X-Files.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Gibson is the author of the only novel to win the Nebula, Phillip K. Dick and Hugo awards.   What is that book: Neuromancer, Count Zero or Mona Lisa Overdrive?
A5)        Neuromancer.   (The Finn is possibly one of my favourite characters: you have to love a wizard.)
Here’s a thought … 
“I’m a whore.   If they have a check and camera and a script and stuff for me to say, I am mostly there, unless I just can’t take it.”
Brad Dourif, born March 18, 1950.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Yeah: those plumbers helped, Olga.   Or, at least, they’ve stopped the dripping.   It now means I can hear the clock ticking!   I’ve never noticed that, until today!
        The friend couldn’t make it, eventually: there’s always another time!
        The paperwork … is hopefully sorted.   But if I don’t get it by the 23rd, I’m going To have to phone the court again.   Heigh-ho!

        Hello, Mum!

‡        I might just have to keep an eye open for Wild Palms, Debbi.   It does put me in mind of Max Headroom: the series, that is, rather the the video show!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Mantua

Q2) China

Q3) New Jersey

Q4) the Sioux

Q5) Gríma Wormtongue
Good about the paperwork. I hope you can get it in time. And good that the medication is helping, although beware of other side effects. It probably depends on how much you take, but codeine is known to cause constipation...

Freda said...

1 Mantua
2 Taiwan
3 New Jersey
4 Sioux
5 Grima W

Debbi said...

My main memories of Max Headroom are from his MTV appearances. That Aeon Flux, which I loved!

1. Lucca
2. Taiwan
3. New Jersey
4. the Sioux
5. Gríma Wormtongue