Tuesday 14 June 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14-6-2016

Right … 

I’m up, comparatively early: at least … comparatively early for me … 

Frankly?

I’m starting work, today, at 10: so wanted to be up early to get everything I need to do, done.

And right at the moment?   I’m regretting the fact that I watched two more episodes of The Strain, last night.

Even though they were two damn good episodes!

At any rate?

At any rate, I’m tired … 

But at least wearing my new glasses … !

~≈Œ≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring ten out of ten in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s Teaser, shall we?

Here it is, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Henry the Lion founded Munich: on 14th June, 2016.   Munich is on the banks of which river: the Rot, Isar or  Vils?
Q2) Congress adopted the US Flag: on 14th June, 1777.   How many stars are on the current version?
Q3) Across the world, 14th June, 1972, saw whom threaten to strike: nurses, pilots or policemen?
Q4) 14th June, 1966, saw the Vatican abolish its Index of Banned … what: contraceptives, languages or books?
Q5) Finally … Harriet Beecher Stowe was born: on 14th June, 1811.   Beecher Stowe campaigned against what: abortion, slavery or alcohol?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 13th June saw the birth of Anglo Irish poet, W. B. Yeats.   In which year of the 1860s?
A1) 1865.
Q2) What did the W stand for?
A2) William.
Q3) More to the point, what did the B stand for?
A3) Butler.
Q4) Yeats was born in Sandymount: in which Irish county?
Q5) Yeats wrote his earliest known poem at which age: 16, 17 or 18?
A5) 17.
Q6) Yeats joined an occultist group, in 1890.   The group called itself the Hermetic Order of the Golden … what: Dawn, Day or Night?
A6) Dawn.
Q7) Famously, Yeats was involved Maud Gonne: how many times did he propose to her: three, four or five times?
A7) At least four.
Q8) For many years, Yeats stayed at Stone Cottage, in Ashdown Forest.   Which American poet acted as his secretary, during this time?
A8) Ezra Pound.
Q9) Yeats help found the Irish Literary Theatre.   These days, the Theatre is now called what: the Abbey Theatre, Bolivian Theatre or Dublin Theatre?
A9) The Abbey Theatre.
Q10) Finally … 1923 saw Yeats receive what: the Pulitzer Prize, Mann Booker Prize or Nobel Prize?
A10) The Nobel Prize.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I would not attack the faith of a heathen without being sure I had a better one to put in its place, because, such as it is, it is better than nothing.”
Harriet Beecher Stowe, June 14, 1811 – July 1, 1896.
And this tune … 


Have a good day.









*        Oh, I could Debbi … But I think most would be doing it, themselves.   But would probably using the same mix of Keynote and iMovie … !   (Oh, the Teaser videos have spoken word added as well.   OS X can send a bit of spoken text to iTunes, and has done for years …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Isar (it’s 1158 not 2016… Perhaps you shouldn’t have watched the two episodes yesterday although as I haven’t watched it I might well be wrong)
Q2) Fifty
Q3) Pilots
Q4) Books
Q5) Slavery (I’ve even read ‘Uncle’s Tom Cabin’ and it was better than I expected…)

Debbi said...

Ah well ... just a suggestion. :)

1. Isar
2. 50
3. pilots
4. books
5. slavery