Saturday 20 June 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20-6-2020

20th June, 2020.


Right … 

I’ve officially had the boiler man around: yesterday.

To fix the thermostat.

Ha!

It didn’t get fixed, or moved … as head office ordered the wrong replacement … !

I think I’m phoning the office on Monday … !

~≈¥≈~

Oh … 

I mentioned digital poverty, towards the end of May: with the vague intention of maybe doing a piece about it.

I did the first part, last night.

Feel free to leave me a comment … 


~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 20th June saw the birth of actress, Nicole Kidman.   In which year?
Q2) In which country?
Q3) She grew up in which Australian city?
Q4) Her first husband was Tom Cruise.   Who’s her second — and current — husband?
Q5) She met Tom Cruise on the set of which motoring movie?
Q6) One of her first film’s was 1983’s BMX … what?
Q7) Nicole played Chase Meridian in Batman Forever.   Who played Batman, in Batman Forever?
Q8) Nicole played Gillian Owens, along side Sandra Bullock as Sally Owens.   In which 1998 film?
Q9) Nicole appeared with Tom Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut: the last (completed) film by which director?
Q10) Finally … ?   2003 saw Nicole winning the Best Actress Oscar: for her performance in which film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Nicene Creed was defined at the First Council of Nicaea: on 19th June, 325AD.   It’s the basic statement of belief, in which religion: Christianity, Judaism or Islam?
Q2) In leap years, 19th June is the 171st day of the year.   Is 171 a multiple of 9?
A2) Yes.   (171÷9=19.   The easy way to check … ?   The digits of a multiple of nine, add up to nine, or another multiple of nine.   In this case?   1+7+1=9.)
Q3) 19th June, 1861, saw the birth of Douglas Haig, 1st Earl Haig.   At the time of his death, he held the highest rank in the British Army.   What is that rank?
A3) Field Marshal.   (The post is equivalent to Admiral of the Fleet or Marshal of the Royal Air Force.)
Q4) 19th June, 1987, saw a car bombing at a Hipercor shopping centre in Barcelona.   By which terrorist group?
A4) Euskadi Ta Askatasuna: also called ETA.
Q5) Finally … ?   Moe Howard was born on 19th June, 1897.   Which comedy trio was he part of?
A5) The Three Stooges.   (I didn’t realise Moe and Curly were related.)
Here’s a thought …
“I am very shy – really shy – I even had a stutter as a kid, which I slowly got over, but I still regress into that shyness.”
Nicole Kidman.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        You know, it’s nice to know moonshine wasn’t JUST made in the Irish backwoods, Trevor.   (Actually, I had some old fashioned potcheen, once.   My liver still hasn’t forgiven me!)

†        I thought it was, Olga!   And I’ll pass the message onto David.   I think he was mildly impressed someone’s suggested me as a resource: cheers, me dears!   Oh … I got the first bit of the digital poverty thing done: there’s going to be more …

‡        My pleasure, Debbi: I’m just sorry I couldn’t do a five question Nicole Kidman one.   Sometimes, people need more than five questions^.
At ANT rate?   I’ve not seen much more than the odd Three Stooges clip: I keep thinking the Young Ones must’ve nicked an idea or two!


^        I’ve got a couple of ten question sets at the start of July, Debbi: just so you know!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1967
Q2) The United States (Honolulu, Hawaii)
Q3) Sydney
Q4) Keith Urban
Q5) Days of Thunder
Q6) Bandits
Q7) Val Kilmer
Q8) Practical Magic
Q9) Stanley Kubrick
Q10) The Hours (I was living in Rodmell, where Virginia Woolf lived for over twenty years, in Monk’s House, when the film came out. It’s a beautiful place, but it does not appear in the movie).
I've left you a comment on the first part of the digital poverty article. I'm looking forward to the rest, but I can see that waiting for replies and comments and compilling all the information is a labour of love and requires determination and patience.

Debbi said...

I shall steel myself for the challenge! :)

1. 1967
2. the US
3. Sydney
4. Keith Urban (who is hopefully more sane than his predecessor :))
5. Days of Thunder
6. Bandits
7. Val Kilmer
8. Practical Magic
9. Stanley Kubrick
10. The Hours

BTW, you were right about Penny Dreadful. And Nathan Lane! :)