Monday 22 June 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22nd June, 2020.

22nd June, 2020.


Right … it’s Monday … and it has to be said, late nights in front of the TV can be murder … !

Saying that … ?

I’ve been watching Showtime’s Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.

It’s quite a thing!


~≈¥≈~

That’s one thing … 

The other thing to mention … ?

Is the pieces I’ve done about digital poverty.

I’ve done parts one and two, already.

I’ll hopefully get the next few bits done this week.

I hope they go down well!

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 22nd June, 1942, saw the US Congress adopt what: the Flag, the Pledge of Allegiance or the Dollar?
Q2) 22nd June, 1948, saw George 6th give up which title?
Q3) 22nd June, 1990, saw the dismantling of Checkpoint Charlie.   The Checkpoint was in which German city?
Q4) 22nd June, 1929, saw the birth of Bruce Kent.   The former CND secretary general is a former what: Army captain, Roman Catholic priest or English professor?
Q5) Finally … ?   22nd June, 1936, saw the birth of singer and actor, Kris Kristofferson.   In which film did he play Martin ‘Rubber Duck’ Penwald?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 21st June, 1982, saw the birth of Prince William: second in line to the UK’s throne.   He’s the Duke of where?
A1) Cambridge.
Q2) 21st June, 1905, saw the birth of which French philosopher?
Q3) 21st June, 1951, saw the birth of Nils Lofgren: lead guitarist fro the E Street Band.   Who’s the E Street Band’s singer?
Q4) 21st June, 1983, saw the birth of activist and whistle blower, Edward Snowden.   He famously leaked information from whom: the NSA, CIA or FBI? 
Q5) Finally … ?   21st June, 1985, saw the birth of Elizabeth Woolridge Grant.   She’s better known how?
Here’s a thought …
“I’m Scottish and I was born there and but in my heart I’m a Londoner.”
Jimmy Somerville, born 22 June 1961.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I think I’d avoid the Overlook, as well, Olga.   The carpet would drive me bonkers!   Cheers for the comment, by the way: I figured out who left the first one, too, it was my cousin, Lynette.
Now you mention it?   Woolf’s house sounds a bit like most of the UK’s stately house and palaces.   Most of those will have public areas that people can visit, and the private, family, areas, that they can’t.   I’d also imagine Woolf’s house would be a lot like some of the isolated scientific stations you see on the news, occasionally: you’d get them rent free, so long as you do the associated scientific work.   Or, at least, check the weather stations.

†        Morning, Trevor!

‡        Actually, I think I’m going to have to sit in with Chinatown, again, Debbi: I honestly couldn’t get into it, the first time, around.   But I did notice the resemblance!   And I take it you mean the big dance routine in Episode 4, yes?   That was something else.   Actually, so were the outfits: those Zoot suits are something else.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) the Pledge of Allegiance
Q2) Emperor of India
Q3) Berlin
Q4) A Roman Catholic priest. I don’t know much about him, but I like the sound of him. A work colleague of my father’s (a coach driver) married a former nun. She was a teacher in one of the schools he used to carry children to and fro and, I guess the rest is history.
Q5) Convoy (I knew this one from the song, which I’m sure I have on one of my country compilations. I know it’s not fashionable, but I do love country)
I'm sure you're right about the houses. I remember the couple living at Woolf's house (Monk's House, to give it its proper name) were quite nice and suited to the environment. They used to play the piano. It had a little shed-like building in the garden, where she used to write, and I particularly liked that.
Tomorrow is the final episode of this series of El Ministerio del Tiempo. At the moment, I guess they don't know if there will be more series or not, but the writers have said that if there aren't, they are happy with the story. I'm intrigued because the trailer for tomorrow looked good.

trev-v said...

A1 The Pledge of Allegiance

A2 Emperor of India

A3 Berlin

A4 Roman Catholic priest

A5 Convoy


There is only one thing that I am watching on the telly at the moment. That is Football (or Soccer as our N. American friends call it). Yesterday was three matches so was on afternoon and evening. Only one top flight match tonight. But I could also watch Colchester in the League 2 play-offs at Tea Time.

Debbi said...

All the production values are top-notch. Great show! Kinda depressing, but ... that's how it is sometimes.

1. the Pledge of Allegiance
2. Emporer of India
3. Berlin
4. Roman Catholic priest
5. Convoy