Friday 18 September 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18-9-2020: Greta Garbo.

18th September, 2020.


Right: it’s official.

Those of us who use Blogger as our main blogging platform have now been permanently switched to the new Blogger interface.

Without having been given a specific date for that to happen: just a generic advisor.

I’m … 

Well, I’m not happy.   Although I’ll give Google credit for tidying up some aspects.

I’ll adjust … 

But it’s a definite pain.

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1)  18th September saw the birth of actress, Greta Garbo. In which year?

Q2)  In which Swedish city?

Q3)   Which Garbo film was advertised with the slogan, “Garbo Talks!”?

Q4)   Many consider her performance as Marguerite Gautier to be her finest. In which 1936 film did she play Marguerite Gautier?

Q5)   Finally … ?   What was the name of the last film she appeared in?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)   The National Football League elected its president: on 17th September, 1920. Which American sport does it organise?
A1)   American Football

Q2)   It was founded in Canton. Canton’s in which US state?
A2)   Ohio.

Q3)   The third oldest team in the league is also the oldest team in the league to play in the same location.   Which team is it?
A3)   The Green Bay Packers.   The two older teams are the Arizona Cardinals and the Chicago Bears: originally the Racine Cardinals and the Decatur Staleys, respectively.

Q4)   There’s two conferences in the NFL.   Name either.

Q5)   Finally … ?   The League’s championship game is usually played in February.   That game is the what
A5)   The Super Bowl.   (The viewership is so high, that airing an advert in the ad breaks? Costs a fortune.   I still think Apple’s 1984 ad is the best thing Ridley Scott ever made.)
Here’s a thought …
“I never said, ‘I want to be alone.’ I only said, ‘I want to be let alone!’ There is all the difference.”
Greta Garbo.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.   Have a good day.



*        Des is very good, Olga: and informative.   There was even a Tennant narrated documentary, last night.   It turns out his youngest victim was a boy of 14.   14!   Every death’s a tragedy, but that was a shock.
Hmmm … Have you got a couple of spare USB sticks, Olga?   It strikes me putting any media resources on the stick — along side a text file with any links — could be an idea: assuming it’s needed, of course.   Ebay’s usually got cheap, small capacity, ones.

†        Yeah, I know: I actually caught it on iPlayer, Trevor.   I’m surprised you can’t access it.   It’s very handy.   I HAVE been watching The IT Crowd on Channel 4’s catch up service: it’s very silly!


‡        Really?   You surprise me, Debbi!   (I could never get the hang of American Football.   Mind you, I could never get the hang of Cricket: Trevor’s your man, there.)

4 comments:

Nik Nak said...

As a final thought?

I’ve managed to get today’s post up, in less time than usual: that’s one upside.

That is, however, based on the fact I’ve got a rough template I can use for the Teaser part of the post: all I need to do is edit a duplicate version of the template, copy that into the post — whilst in HTML mode — then make any minor changes needed … whilst in Compose mode.

It’s not necessarily as bad as I thought it would be.

However? I suspect a new coming to the platform may have issues

Olga said...

Q1) 1905
Q2) Stockholm
Q3) Anna Christie
Q4) Camille
Q5) Two-Faced Woman
It sounds a bit complicated, I mean using the new Blogger interface. Yes, I have thought about a memory stick, and I have a fairly large one I bought for the course, with not much content in it, but I wonder if they have something to play it on (I can take my computer, but the poor thing is not up to much these days, so I'd rather not). I'll see if I have enough time to investigate this afternoon. (Judging by the place they live and the fact that they have help (not sure if live in or not, but perhaps live in) in the house, I'm sure they can afford the technology, what I'm not sure is if they have any specific rules as to the children accessing certain things or if they have dedicated resources for them...)

trev-v said...

A1 1905
A2 Södermalm Stockholm
A3 Anna Christie
A4 Camille
A5 Two-Faced Woman

I do not know where you got the idea that I do not use the i-players from.

Certainly ever Monday night I catch up on that night’s University Challenge because it is on at the same time as I am watching soccer on Sky sports Monday Night Football show.

Speaking of Cricket there is the famous radio commentary during a West Indies verses The MCC (England) :- “The bowler is Holding the batsman's Willey”. Later suggested that this was never said.

Debbi said...

American football doesn't confuse as much as cricket does. Cricket kind of reminds me of baseball and croquet kind of mixed together. Or lawn bowling with base running. Maybe. :)

1. 1905
2. Stockholm
3. Anna Christie
4. Camille
5. Two-Faced Woman