Sunday 6 September 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6th September, 2020.

6th September, 2020


Hmmm … 

Laundry … laundry, laundry, laundry.

I was going to put some on.

I’ll probably do that, once I’ve finished this post.

One thing I do know I’m doing … ?

Is listen to some of the neighbours, yelling!

Lord knows what’s going on, there: but Sunday mornings, around here, can be loud … !

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 6th September, 1642, saw Parliament ban what: plays, sex or pies?
Q2) 6th September, 1991, saw Russia’s Parliament approve the name change of which city?
Q3) 6th September, 1879, saw the birth of Max Schreck.   In which film did he play Count Orlok?
Q4) 6th September, 1913, saw the birth of footballer, Leônidas.   Which national side did he play for: Argentina, Brazil or Chile?
Q5) Finally … ?   6th September, 1970, saw the birth of singer, Cheyne Coates.   She was the singer with which duo?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 5th September, 1973, saw the birth of actor, Paddy Considine.   In which film did he play Sergeant Eddie Parks?
Q2) Léopold Sédar Senghor was elected president: on 5th September, 1960.   Of where?
A2) Senegal.
Q3) The last Australian state to abolish capital punishment, did so on 5th September, 1984.   Which state was it?
Q4) September 5, 1567, saw the birth of Japanese lord, Date Masamune.   He founded which Japanese city: Chiba, Hiroshima or Sendai?
A4) Sendai.   (I only know the name as part of a fictional brand of computers in William Gibson’s Sprawl Trilogy)
Q5) Finally … ?   The Reign of Terror started: on 5 September, 1793.   In which European country?
A5) France.   (Scholars are still arguing about the start date.)
Here’s a thought …
“One of the things I always miss, is the pub culture.   You know, the atmosphere, the music, the craic, all the things you won’t find anywhere else.”
Dolores O’Riordan, 6 September 1971 – 15 January 2018.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Well, at least there’s an upside, Trevor^!   I’m surprised XR didn’t try attacking the News UK websites.   I’m guessing they’ve not managed to rope in Anonymous to do the job for them.


†        It’s a good read, Olga^, I know that.   Hmm … You should be able to turn that into a video: assuming Powerpoint can export files as video … ?   (It’s basically what older versions of the Teaser videos are: they’re Keynote files I exported as videos, and added audio to.)
And I intend to: AA keeps telling us the same thing, but it’s easy to forget!
Good luck with the teaching post!


‡        There are, a bit, Debbi^, aren’t they?   Today’s quote/music is rather sad: Dolores O’Riordan was only 47 when she died!



^        The Girl with all the Gifts is one hell of a film.   OK, I’m a Gemma Arterton fan … but The Girl with all the Gifts and Byzantium are quite something.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Plays
Q2) Leningrad that became Saint Petersburg again (a much better name, I think).
Q3) Nosferatu
Q4) Brazil
Q5) Madison Avenue
Your idea of turning the book into a video is quite good. I tend to turn Power Points into videos although Movie Maker also allows to write text or upload images as you go along, so that might work too (I have the images with the text saved separately). Depending on how the possible teaching progresses (or not), I might try that next. Thanks for the suggestion.

trev-v said...

A1 Stage Plays
A2 Leningrad back to Saint Petersburg
A3 Nosferatu
A4 Brazil
A5 Madison Avenue

The Telegraph web site has been free all week end not that I would notice as I get it free as part of my print subscription of many years. Of course I have been reading the Daily Telegraph for over 50 years.

I see that XR could be classified as an Organised Crime Mob by the government. I think of them as a Terrorist organisation and so should be eradicated by the SAS.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/05/extinction-rebellion-facing-organised-crime-curbs/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1599339063

Debbi said...

That is a shame. They were a great group.

1. plays
2. it changed from Leningrad to Saint Petersburg
3. Nosferatu
4. Brazil
5. Madison Avenue