Tuesday 8 September 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8th September, 2020.

8th September, 2020.


Yes!

I finally finished the third piece for PhoenixFM!

Phew!

Well …

I say finished … I’ve got a little more spitting and polishing to do, before it’s done.

Hopefully?

It’ll be a coherent, interesting read.

Rather than something that get’s a TL; DR comment!


~≈É≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 8th September, 1775, saw the Priests Uprising.   Where: Cyprus, Malta or Sardinia?
Q2) 8th September, 1966 saw the first broadcast of The Man Trap.   This was the first broadcast episode of which show?
Q3) The OSIRIS-REx probe was launched on 8 September 2016: launched to explore the 101955 Bennu asteroid.   The probe is due to return in which year?
Q4) 8th September, 1989, saw the birth of musician, DJ and producer, Avicii.   Which European country was he from?
Q5) Finally … ?   8th September, 1979, saw the birth of Alicia Beth Moore: better known as which singer?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …


Q1) 7th September saw the end of the Boxer Rebellion.   In which year?
A1) 1901.
Q2) It ended with the signing of the Boxer … what?
A2) The Boxer Protocol.   (Am I the only person who thinks The Boxer Protocol sounds like a bad spy novel?)
Q3) The Rebellion was rebelling against the Qing Empire.   In other words, the country that’s now where?
A3) Modern China.
Q4) In their native language, the Boxers called themselves the Yìhéquán.   In other words, the Society of Righteous Harmoniouswhat?   (There’s a couple of varying translations: so I’ll be a little forgiving on this one.)
A4) Fists.   (It’s also gets translated as the Militia United in Righteousness.)
Q5) Finally … ?   The Boxers were called boxers, because they practised various forms of what: cheese making, martial arts or meditation?
A5) Martial Arts.
Here’s a thought …
“I’ve always had a fascination with making your own music but never have been skilled enough to play the instrument, so to be able to make music without the ability was awesome.”
Avicii, 8 September 1989 – 20 April 2018.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Yeah: Madison Avenue did have some catchy bass lines, Olga!   And I’m the same with some songs.   Did you ever see American Horror Story?   One episode has the Jessica Lange character doing a version of Shirley Ellis’ The Name Game.   The blessed thing sat in my head for three months!   You have to love an earworm!
Actually, Baby Yoda’s it’s not the Yoda: it’s A Yoda!   I don’t think they’ve ever named his species.   Baby Yoda’s still got the force, though!


†        Morning, Trevor!   (Have we mentioned The Mandalorian, yet?   Or Jessica Lange?)


‡        That’s hard to do with the ones I’m getting, Debbi: they tend to be … um … rather scantily dressed!   It’s not something you want, if you’re aiming at a family audience!
Wouldn’t you know it?   I’ve had another one this morning!   It’s getting monotonous!


4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Malta
Q2) Star Trek
Q3) 2013
Q4) Sweden
Q5) Pink
I'm having trouble with your website today (it seems to load very slowly and I can't move around, although my computer is not at its best either), so I'll keep it short. Congratulations on your new article and I look forward to it. And thanks for the info (American Horror Story is on my list).

trev-v said...

A1 Malta
A2 Star Trek
A3 2023
A4 Sweden
A5 Pink

My Nokia can just about communicate with this laptop. So no way it can send pictures to Instagram.

My pictures are on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26286766@N03/



Nik Nak said...

That’s a thought, Debbi: can you let me know if you get through, OK … ?

Only Olga’s having some slowness.

I suspect Google’s doing some work.

Debbi said...

Well, here I am. We'll see if I get through. :)

1. Malta
2. Star Trek
3. 2023
4. Sweden
5. Pink