Friday 21 May 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 21st May, 2021.

21st May, 2021.


Right, I’m up early: because I’ve got a hospital appointment, today.

For an endoscopy.

I’m not looking forward to it: but once it’s done, it’s done.

I can then start worrying the results.

Hopefully, it’s nothing more serious than piles … 

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Trevor‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum and Edith on three.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        21st May, 1966, saw Henry Cooper lose to Muhammed Ali.   The match was at which football club’s ground: Tottenham’s, West Ham’s or Arsenal’s?

Q2)        21st May is International Tea Day.   The shrub tea is made from has its origins, where: China, Arabia or South Africa?

Q3)        Charles Lindbergh completed the world’s first solo, transatlantic flight: on 21st May, 1927.   When he landed at an airfield, where: London, Paris or New York?

Q4)        The first woman to complete a solo, transatlantic flight, did so on 21st May, 1932, when she landed in Northern Ireland.   Who was she?

Q5)        Finally … ?   21st May, 2017, saw the last performance of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.   That last show took place in the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.   In other words, in which US state: New York, Connecticut or Rhode Island?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Which African country celebrates its national day on 20th May: Angola, Benin or Cameroon?
A1)        Cameroon.

Q2)        20th May, 1973, and during what was called the Cod Wars, the UK sent Royal Navy ships, where: Iceland, Greenland or Sicily?
A2)        Iceland.

Q3)        20th May is World Bee Day. What’s the only continent without a native bee species?
A3)        Antarctica.

Q4)        Which famous volcano started erupting on 20th May, 1883: Mount Saint Helens, Pompeii or Krakatoa?
A4)        Krakatoa.

Q5)        Finally … ? The International System of Units were re-defined: on 20th May, 2019. That made the prototype what, obsolete: the kilogram, second or metre?
A5)        The kilogram.
Here’s a thought … 
“The division of mankind threatens it with destruction.”
Andrei Sakharov, 21 May 1921 – 14 December 1989.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        I’m keeping my fingers crossed, Olga.   Fingers, eyes, legs, toes … … 

†        Hello, Mum!

‡        Definitely oxtail, Trevor: there’s one or two brands that are lump free.   And the instructions for The laxatives tell me I can have any clear soup: so long as I strain it.   Nothing new, there, given the laxatives … 

^        I think I’m going to need it, Debbi!   Especially given where the camera’s going!   (Which of The jabs did you have, out of interest … ?)

ª        Cheers, Edith, you’re an angel!   (We’ve a little Fats Waller, today: bit of a different direction!)

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Arsenal’s

Q2) China

Q3) Paris

Q4) Amelia Earhart

Q5) New York
Good luck!

trev-v said...

A1 Arsenal (at their old ground Highbury Stadium)
A2 China
A3 Paris
A4 Amelia Earhart
A5 New York

Last time I had Oxtail soup I made it my-self so plenty of meat came off the bones.

I found that having the tube pushed down my throat was the worst. I had to be sedated first. I had this and many other investigations done at Oldchurch Hospital Romford. I even had a MRI scan done there.


Freda said...

1 Arsenal
2 China
3 Paris
4 Amy Johnson
5 Connecticut

Debbi said...

We got the Moderna shot. I'm feeling much better, but still a wee bit fuzzy. :)

1. Arsenal's
2. China
3. Paris
4. Amelia Earhart
5. New York

Best of luck with the hospital today. Stay well! :)

Edith said...

1. West Ham's
2. China
3. New York
4. Amelia Airheart
5. Rhode Island

Hi, Paul, I hope your procedure went well. The birds have been singing all day.