Tuesday 4 May 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4-5-2021: Audrey

4th May, 2021



Did I mention I like snooker?

I like snooker … so you know.

And was watching the final of the World Championship, last night.

I went to bed: when Mark Selby was ahead, 17-13, against Shaun Murphy.

With the thought then Selby would’ve won, by the time I got up.

Lo, and behold … ?

He had.

I love being able to do that … 

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, and Debbi scoring five out of five, and and Mum and Edith on three.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        4th May saw the birth of actress, Audrey Hepburn.   In which year of the 1920s?

Q2)        In which European country?

Q3)        She appeared in a stage version of Gigi: in which year of the 1950s?

Q4)        Who did she play in the film, My Fair Lady?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Audrey played Marian in Robin and Marian.   Which former James Bond played Robin?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Japan’s Constitution went into effect: on 3rd May.   Of which year of the 1940s?
A1)        1947.

Q2)        3rd May, 1844, saw the birth of composer, Richard D’Oyly Carte.   He owned and operated which theatre: the Savoy, Dominion or the Drill Hall?
A2)        The Savoy.

Q3)        3rd May is the Feast Day of Saint Theodosius of Kiev.   Kiev is where: Russia, the Ukraine or Estonia?
A3)        The Ukraine.

Q4)        3rd May, 1952, saw the first US landing, where: the North Pole or South Pole?
A4)        The North Pole.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Some Christian churches will be celebrating what, on the 3rd May: Roodmas, Candlemas or Treemas?
A5)        Roodmas.   (Treemas … ?   Is a Doctor Who character … )
Here’s a thought … 
“I never thought I’d land in pictures with a face like mine.”
Audrey Hepburn.
And a playlist: that Audrey’s not in … …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        Well done, him, then Trevor: they’re notoriously picky!   And we’re getting wind, alright: it’s looking blowing, out …

†        I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Little Anna, then, Olga: the consequences could get nasty.
The Savoy’s supposed to be quite a venue: a lot of these old theatres are.   I don’t think it — or the Dominion, where I worked — have caverns like the Paris Opera House¹ supposedly has, but they have all sorts of corners.

‡        Happy Birthday, Mum … !

^        You’ll have to sit Rick down with Genesis of The Daleks, and The Talons of Weng Chiang, Debbi.   They’re generally seen as THE classic stories.   The confrontation between the Doctor and Davros in episode 5?   And the ‘Do I have that right,’ scene in Episode 6?   Burnt themselves into my head, forty-six years ago, and are still there … (Oh, I thought I’d do something different, today …)



ª        Oh, didn’t he just, Edith?!   And Michael Crawford did it all himself: he didn’t have a stunt double²!      (Cheers, Edith: I’m glad I’m doing something right!)

¹        Apparently?   The real Palais Garnier has no caves under it, Olga: there’s what Wikipedia calls a cistern, under the stage.

²        I don’t think they could film that scene, today, Edith: I think the insurance would be too expensive.   

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1929

Q2) Belgium

Q3) 1951

Q4) Eliza Doolittle

Q5) Sean Connery
I'll keep you posted on Anna. Hopefully, it will be just a standard cold, but I know she has asthma and has had health difficulties in the past, so it's no joke in any case. On the other hand, tomorrow I'm back to my lessons with Jordi, the recently retired student. He's moved to the rented flat already and is ready for action again (he seems to be a really well-organised man).
It's difficult sometimes to tell the true stories from the tall tales about some of these locations, but I'm sure there are plenty of secret passages and blocked cellars and dungeons that haven't been found yet in the old cities. Every time they dig something up in the old town here, they find something of interest.

trev-v said...

A1 1929
A2 Belgium
A3 1951
A4 Eliza Doolittle
A5 Sir Sean Connery

May the Forth be with you.

Yes it was windy and wet. Still some wind and rain about.

The first soccer match that I watched last night got very very very damp at the end. It was in the midlands at West Bromwich and for about the last 10 minutes it was torrential rain and I was waiting for the Referee to suspend the match due to amount of water on the pitch.

Freda said...

1 1929
2 Belguim
3 1952
4 Eliza Doolittle
5 Sean Connery

Debbi said...

He should get to see an episode with Sarah Jane, for sure.

Not to mention Jon Pertwee! Who was also awesome. I'm a big fan of his companions, too.

1. 1929
2. Belgium
3. 1951
4. Eliza Doolittle
5. Sean Connery

Edith said...

1. 1926
2. Austria
3. 1953
4.Eliza Dolittle
5. Sean Connery

You are probably right about the insurance.