Thursday 27 May 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27th May, 2021.

27th May, 2021.


First things first, if we can … ?

Can you let me know if the top video in this post, works?

Google owned YouTube have managed to re-introduce playlist embedding: and I’m trying to see if posting a video to the blog is also back up and running.

I’m using the Google owned Blogger service, after all.

~≈📼≈~

Moving on to the video’s contents?

Yes: it was sunny when I took part of it.

And yes: it’s still sunny, now.

Which is nice.

I’m due to have the second of my two COVID-19 jabs, today: at 12:18.

It’d would be nice to see sunshine on the way there … 

~≈💉≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on four and Edith on two.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        27th May is the feast of Bruno of Würzburg.   Where is Würzburg: Austria, Germany or Belgium?

Q2)        27th May, 1911, saw the birth of which horror icon: Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing or Vincent Price?

Q3)        John was crowned as King of England: on 27th May, 1199.   He was also known as John what: Lackland, Space-seed or Cheese-wright?

Q4)        Dashiell Hammett was born: on 27th May, 1894.   His stories, The Maltese Falcon, Too Many Have Lived and They Can Only Hang You Once, all feature which Hammett character?

Q5)        27th May, 1923, saw the birth of Henry Kissinger.   He initially served as National Security Adviser under which US President?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        26th May is National Paper Airplane Day.   Where: the USA, China or the UK?
A1)        The USA.

Q2)        Jazzman, Miles Davis, was born on 26th May, 1926.   What did he play: trombone, trumpet or saxophone?
A2)        Trumpet.

Q3)        26th May, 1650, saw the birth of John Churchill, the first Duke of where: Marlborough, Benson or Hedges?
A3)        Marlborough.

Q4)        Actress Pam Grier was born: on 26th May, 1949.   Who directed her in the 1997 film, Jackie Brown?
A4)        Quentin Tarantino.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Which European country’s Cabinet resigned: on 26th May, 1981?
A5)        Italy’s.
Here’s a thought … 
“The illegal we do immediately.   The unconstitutional takes a little longer.”
Henry Kissinger, born 27th May, 1923.
And a song that poses important philosophical concepts …


What is Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.







*        I’ll have to have a look at that one, Trevor: at some point.   I’ve a busy-ish day, today … 

†        Yes, I think he died a few years ago, Olga.   I don’t think it would stop a good cover artist!   Or possibly a medium.
Actually, going slightly off topic?   Did you know Graham Linehan, the Father Ted writer, co-wrote Count Arthur Strong?   I loved that show!   (And there’s a possibly Eurovision entry …)


‡        Hello, Mum!

^        I know exactly what you mean, Debbi!   I’ve just started The Five: I’m going to be a while … 
I’ve got to admit: whenever someone mentions Bedford-Stuyvesant, I start thinking about cigarettes … 


ª        That sort of sampling’s quite common, Edith.   There’s an old Sugarbabes song that samples an old Gary Numan tune.


6 comments:

Nik Nak said...

Oh, that’s a thought, Debbi.

About Question Four … … 

Olga said...

Q1) Germany

Q2) Vincent Price

Q3) Lackland

Q4) Sam Spade

Q5) Richard Nixon
Oh, good luck with the weather and with the jab. I hope the second dose is OK with you (I've heard a few people have had a bit of a worse experience with the second dose, my mother surely did, and Debbi wasn't great either). I should hear about mine some time next week, I think...
I think you have a winner with your suggestion for Eurovision! Morecambe and Wise would also make a nice entry, but they might be too good for Eurovision and far too classy!

trev-v said...

A1 Germany
A2 Vincent Price
A3 Lackland
A4 Sam Spade
A5 Tricky Dicky aka Richard Milhous Nixon

Your first Video played with no problems.

I am running a little late this morning due to doing a major feature update on Windows 10. Whilst that was on the go I rang my boiler service people. Almost fell asleep with the on-hold music but eventually chatted to some one down on the south coast and got things in motion for the first service of the boiler I had installed last June.

Freda said...

1 Austria
2 Christopher Lee
3 Cheesewright
4 Sam Spade
5 Richard Nixon

Edith Reuwer said...

1. Austria
2. Vincent Price
3. John of Lackland
4. Sam Spade
5. Nixon

The video that Sampled the Gary Numan song wouldn't play in my country. But the Gary Numan one did. I remember his hit Cars.

I am so glad you posted the song titled Alfie. It moved me to tears. I have never heard the version you posted before. It is lovely.

Debbi said...

Needless to say, Question 4 was my favorite. :)

1. Germany
2. Vincent Price
3. Lackland
4. Sam Spade
5. Richard "I'm not a crook" Nixon :)

Well, we ended up with way worse than Nixon. Who would've thought?!