Wednesday 5 May 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5th May, 2021.

5th May, 2021.


It’s true!

I’m expecting a phone call!

The first of a few, this week!

And, once I’ve had it, I shall hope, skip and jump, all around the room!

Maybe not … !

It is only a phone call, after all.

The (mild) irony of the call?   Is that it’s from a physiotherapist: one helping me with my knee.

One call you’d expect to be in person … 

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on four and Edith on two.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        5th May, 1260, saw who become the Mongol Emperor: Genghis Khan, Kublai Khan or Chaka Khan?

Q2)        Chanel №5 was launched on 5th May, 1921. №5 is a what: robot, perfume or TV set?

Q3)        René Lalique was born on 5th May, 1860.   He was a French what: painter, jeweller or perfumer?

Q4)        5th May, 1937, saw the birth of musician and composer, Delia Derbyshire.   She was heavily involved with arranging which TV theme tune: Blake’s Seven, Star Trek or Dr Who?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Actor, Lance Henriksen was born on 5th May, 1940.   He played Detective Vukovich in which 1984, science fiction film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        4th May saw the birth of actress, Audrey Hepburn.   In which year of the 1920s?
A1)        1929.

Q2)        In which European country?
A2)        Belgium.

Q3)        She appeared in a stage version of Gigi: in which year of the 1950s?
A3)        1951.

Q4)        Who did she play in the film, My Fair Lady?
A4)        Eliza Doolittle.

Q5)        Finally … ?   She played Marian in Robin and Marian.   Which former James Bond played Robin?
A5)        Sean Connery.
Here’s a thought … 
“I absolutely feel I’ve been blessed tremendously. I can’t complain at all.”
Tammy Wynette, May 5, 1942 – April 6, 1998.
And a playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        I know what you mean, Olga.   London’s the same: it’s always getting something dug up.   The plague pit at Liverpool Street still seems recent, but was found in 2015.   And a five thousand year old tip has been found in Shoreditch.   (There’s possibly jokes about Shoreditch still being a tip.)
Hmmm … Didn’t you tell me Jordi was a former military man?   That possibly explains him being very organised: ex-military usually are, I’ve noticed.

†        Given recent events, Trevor?   I think the ref would only have stopped the game if there’d been Man U protestors hanging about.
Did you catch any of the posts I did to Instagram?   The trees were definitely moving … 

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        You MIGHT want to check your emails, in that case, Debbi!   Oh … did I mention the 8th Season Box set?   I got the 8th Season box set.   Katy Manning’s first appearance, I should add.   I’ve had a look at the series 10 blu-rays, as well.   Ye GODS, the price of those!

ª        I could be wrong, Edith.   Saying that?   I get the impression Hollywood doesn’t like hiring Jackie Chan.   Because he likes doing all his own stunts, he costs a fortune in insurance payments!   (Apparently. Jackie’s a big fan of Buster Keaton, the old silent movie star.   I get the feeling Buster was another one with big insurance premiums.)


5 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 Kublai Khan
A2 perfume
A3 jeweller (mainly known for his Glass designs)
A4 Doctor Who
A5 The Terminator

One does not have accounts on Twitter or Instagram and one turn down an offer from a Mr Trump to be on his new web site.

Freda said...

1 Genghis Khan
2 Perfume
3 Painter/jeweller
4 Star Trek
5 The Terminator

Olga said...

Q1) Kublai Khan

Q2) A perfume

Q3) (Wikipedia and others say he was born on the 6th April 1860 not the 5th May) Jeweller https://www.britannica.com/biography/Rene-Lalique

Q4) Dr Who

Q5) The Terminator
Yes, it's all over. No, Jordi did the military service, but that was compulsory when he was younger here (my father also did his, and it was still the case when I was younger), but he is an engineer and his job involved organising the maintenance of museums and buildings all over Barcelona, so I guess he would need what we tend to think of as "military style organisation". I hope the phone calls go well.

Debbi said...

I can just imagine.

1. Kublai Khan
2. perfume
3. jeweller
4. Dr. Who (of course!)
5. The Terminator

Edith said...

1. Genghis Khan
2. Perfume
3Jewler
4. Doctor Who
5. The Last Starfighter

As I understand Mr. Chan is also a fan of Gene Kelly. But I could be wrong.