Sunday 9 May 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 9th May, 2021

9th May, 2021.




It’s a Sunday … and I think it’s going to be quiet.

Quiet …

And possibly boring … !

We’ll have to see.

~≈Ë≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, Debbi‡ and Edith^ putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, Edith on four, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        9th May, 1927, saw the opening of the original Parliament.   Of where: Australia, New Zealand or Canada?

Q2)        9th May, 1979, saw the birth of actress, Rosario Dawson.   She’s recently played a Jedi called Ahsoka. In which Disney+ series?

Q3)        9th May, 1945, saw the end of the Nazi Occupation of Jersey, and Guernsey.   The two are part of the what Islands: Channel Islands, Outer Hebrides or Shetlands?

Q4)        9th May, 1860, saw the birth of writer, J. M. Barrie.   He gave the rights to his Peter works, and character, to whom: Barnardo’s, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, or Oxfam?

Q5)        9th May, 1935, saw the birth of writer, Roger Hargreaves.   The first seven of his Mr Men novels were published in which year: 1970, 1971 or 1972?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Famous Players Film company was founded: on 8th May, 1912.   It’s better known as which studio: Paramount, Universal or Warner Brothers?
A1)        Paramount.   (The twenty-two stars in the logo represent the twenty-two actors the company originally contracted.)

Q2)        8th May, 1980, saw the World Health Organisation announce what had been eradicated: AIDS, Smallpox or Bubonic plague?
A2)        Smallpox.

Q3)        8th May, 1945, is VE Day, or Victory in Europe Day: marking the end — in Europe — of World War Two.   It marks the surrender of which country’s army: Germany’s, Italy’s or Japan’s?
A3)        Germany’s.

Q4)        8th May, 1926, saw the birth of Richard Attenborough’s brother.   Who is that brother?
A4)        David Attenborough.

Q5)        Ronnie, Reggie and Charlie, were arrested on suspicion of Murder: on 8th May, 1968.   Ronnie, Reggie and Charlie, who?
A5)        Kray.
Here’s a thought … 
“Never ascribe to an opponent motives meaner than your own.”
J. M. Barrie, 9 May 1860 – 19 June 1937.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        Actually, I didn’t know that: but it DOES make sense, Olga.   Not that I’ve worn cufflinks!
I’m keeping my fingers crossed: and hoping the Council does something with the phone mast!

†        She put them on the wrong post, Trevor: so I copied her answers … 
As for the Krays?   I knew about there time ate the Tower: if I recall their biography?   That was because they deserted their National Service.

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        It sounds like the Constitution’s a mess, Debbi!   The UK’s isn’t written, so it’s got advantages … !   The Krays were the model for Douglas and Dinsdale.   Where Spiny Norman came from, I don’t know!

ª        Cheers, Edith: I certainly try!   Oh, bless!   Debbie Reynolds!   You can see Billie Lourd’s resemblance to her grandmother, there!   She must still be grieving, bless ’er: losing her mother and her Grandma in such a short space of time!

5 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 Australia
A2 The Mandalorian
A3 Channel Islands
A4 Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
A5 1971


“9th May, 1920, saw the opening of the original Parliament.   Where: Australia, New Zealand or Canada?”
0/10 for historical correctness.

“As for the Krays?   I knew about there time ate the Tower: if I recall their biography?”
should read

“As for the Krays?   I knew about their time at the Tower: if I recall from their biography? “
3/10 for English.

I met Dom again this morning. We chatted as he did his cool down walk after running round the mount. He took the long way home by walking to my place. I gave him your regards and he sends his to you. He thought that you still live on Ingrave road. I put him right on that.

Olga said...

Q1) Sorry, not sure it’s right. I could only find Old Parliament House in Canberra, Australia, opened in 1927, but that is not 1920. None of the others fit in either, so I’m not sure if it is a mistake.

Q2) The Mandalorian

Q3) The Channel Islands

Q4) Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children

Q5) 1971
Thanks, Paul. Keep me posted on the mast. And thanks for the Paul Heaston's video. I've been a fan since discovering the Housemartins, followed him into the Beautiful South, and although I haven't kept up with him in recent times, he is a favourite.
Did I mention that Anna got a 9 on her latest test? I think I told you she had sent me a message telling me she thought it had gone very well. It seems she was right!
I hope it isn't too boring a Sunday. I don't expect much excitement here either, although the main restrictions due to the COVID-19 have, supposedly, ended.

Freda said...

1 Australia
2 The Mandlorian
3 Channel Islands
4 Great Ormond Street
5 1971

Debbi said...

Well, the Constitution was written by a bunch of slaveholders, so ... not perfect, by far, but they try to fix it, now and then. :)

1. Australia
2. Star Wars
3. Channel Islands
4. Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
5. 1971

Edith said...







































1. Australia
2. Mandelorian
3. Shetlands
4. Grand Ormond Street hospital for children
5. 1971

Yes. You can see the resemblance.