Monday 24 May 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24-5-2021: Hi, Bob!

24th May, 2021.




Right … I have to admit, I’m feeling slightly rushed, today.

I’ve got a phone meeting at ten, with my Health and Work Programme case officer.

At ten.   So you know.

Am I nervous about it … ?

Nope: they’re getting routine.

They also end in October.

What happens, after that … ?

I really don’t know … 

~≈Ω≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum and Edith on four.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        Bob Dylan was born on 24th May.   Of which year of the 1940s?

Q2)        He was born in which US state: Minnesota, New York or Oregon?

Q3)        His first album, Bob Dylan, was released in which year: 1961, 1962 or 1963?

Q4)        Dylan notoriously used what for the first time, in 1965: a harmonica, an electric guitar or a Swanee whistle?

Q5)        Finally … ?   All Along the Watchtower is a 1967 Dylan song.   The best known version was recorded by who: The Who, the Beatles or the Jimi Hendrix Experience?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        New York Public Library opened on 23rd May: of which year of the 1910s?
A1)        1911.

Q2)        It serves three out of the five of New York’s boroughs.   Name one of the three.
A2)        Manhattan, the Bronx or Staten Island.

Q3)        The Library’s main branch sits at the junction of East 42nd Street: and which Avenue?
A3)        Fifth Avenue.

Q4)        Patience and Fortitude sit outside the Library’s main branch.   They’re stone statues of what: lions, tigers or bears?
A4)        Lions.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The ghost of Elenor Twitty haunts the Library.   In which 1984 film?
A5)        Ghostbusters.   Here.
Here’s a thought … 
“I had very little in common with and knew even less about a generation that I was supposed to be the voice of.”
Bob Dylan.
And a playlist …


Gems, every one!

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        Yeah, I did notice Spain’s score, Olga: your team was only a few places above ours!   And I think you’re right: there’s some sympathy voting going on … although I don’t think we had a problem with it, this year!
And there’s always that one awful song.   Or outright odd one.   Or outright upset.   Do you remember the tie that happened, a few years ago?   The French had the win stolen!


†        Oh, well: mine’s a pint, then, Trevor … !

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        Oh, I wouldn’t say that, Debbi: it’s no worse than Facebook!   (Talking of Scourges?   Did you ever read Clive Barker’s Weaveworld?   The prose is just gorgeous … )

ª        You’re right, Edith, there is!   How she managed that, I don’t know!   (Oh, I think you might like The tune … )



5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1942

Q2) Minnesota

Q3) 1962

Q4) An electric guitar

Q5) Jimi Hendrix
Yes, I think Germany was between the UK and Spain. And yes, although some reasonable and even good songs have won sometimes, there are often many that deserve it more than the winners, but... I did read the comments by the Spanish singer, and he was very gracious about the whole thing, saying it was a great experience, and it's not about the results. I guess there's no point in sour grapes in any case. He must have imagined how would it go, because it has become the norm for Spanish appearances in Eurovision.
Oh, by the way, if you enjoy cozy mysteries (I'm not a big fan and prefer hard-hitting and noirish stuff), an author friend of mine (I've mentioned before that I've looked after his house and his dogs in Wales on some occasions) published a book set in the Eurovision Song Contest: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Over-Dead-Body-Eurovision-Bollinger/dp/1717148565/
For some reason, Amazon.co.uk never lets me see the e-book version from here, although I can in the Amazon.com, but I'm sure you can access it from that page in other formats (and it does exist, for sure). I read an early ARC version, and it is quite funny. Christoph is a big fan of Eurovision, and I know he contacted the performers to make sure they agreed to appear, although not all did, so some of the people he would have liked to include, he couldn't.

trev-v said...

A1 1941
A2 Minnesota
A3 1962
A4 an electric guitar
A5 the Jimi Hendrix Experience

I am long over due another win on ERNIE. There was a time when I was winning £50 every 3 months. Later when they lowered the prize money that became £25 every 3 months. But since they cut the number of prizes I have won nothing.

A pint and there is me thinking that you were Tea Total these days.

Freda said...

1 1941
2 Minnesota
3 1962
4 The Jimi Hendrix Experiance Guitar
5

Debbi said...

Actually, I heard that description of Tik-Tok on a TV show. The Equalizer. Not a bad show. I remember the original with Edward Woodward fondly. :)

1. 1941
2. Minnesota
3. 1962
4. an electric guitar
5. the Jimi Hendrix Experience

Good luck with your meeting!

Edith said...

1. 1942
2. Oregon
3. 1962
4.harmonica
5.The Jimi Hendrix experience

You are right I do like the song very much. Thank you for telling me about it.