Monday, 23 January 2012

The Daily Teaser - 23-1-2012

Bleugh … !

No, seriously, bleugh … !

I THINK I’m still feeling a touch bleary eyed, to be thoroughly honest.

The family’s Sunday dinner … having been at a rather nice local restaurant.

And I’ll be frank … ? Jude suddenly having figured out the Black Power Salute, aside, I THINK we can say I’ve blown the healthy eating thing for at least a week.

I mean … rare steak, AND chocolate covered profiteroles … ?

Yeah …

Let’s move on, shall we … ?

Yes, let’s … !

»»·««

Yesterday’s Teaser say Debbi — all on her ownsome — putting in her answers: and, along with telling us she STILL feels youngª, bagging 5½ out of 6*.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we … ? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 23rd January, 1556, was the date of the Shaanxi Earthquake, in China: during which dynasty was this … ?

Q2) 23rd January, 1989 saw a different earthquake hit which Soviet Central Asian republic … ?

Q3) On a less gruesome note: 23rd January, 1957, saw inventor, Walter Frederick Morrison sell his invention to the Wham-O toy company: what did he call it?

Q4) More to the point, how is that toy now better known as … ?

Q5) 23rd January, 2003, saw communication lost with which probe: Viking 9, Pioneer 10 or Voyager 11… ?

Q6) And finally … 23rd January, 1879, saw the end of which Anglo-Zulu battle … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 22nd January, 1984, saw the airing of Apple’s famed 1984 advert, during that year’s Superbowl: who directed that ad … ?
A1) Ridley Scott.

Q2) More to the point, the female hammer thrower in that ad — Anya Major — also appeared in the video for which Elton John single … ?
A2) Nikita.

Q3) 22nd January, 1924, saw who become the first Labour Prime Minister of Britain … ?
A3) Ramsey McDonald.

Q4) 22nd January, 1990, saw President Mikhail Gorbachev explain why Red Army troops were heading where … ?
A4) Azerbaijan.

Q5) 22nd January, 1944, saw British and Commonwealth troops liberate which North African city … ?
A5) Tobruk.

Q6) And finally … 22nd January, 2006, saw who inaugurated as President of Bolivia?
A6) Evo Morales.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later … !








* Yes, I know Baku’s the capital, Debbi … But, going by the original entry, President Gorbachev’s statement large concerned the whole of the former republic …

ª I know EXACTLY what you mean, Debbi, I still feel — vaguely — like a teenager that’s wondering what hit him. And hang on, Bill was doing his studio work back in the 70s^ … ? He’d’ve been doing some old fashioned flanging, then … ! None of your special effects … !

^ Yeah, sorry, that’s just hit my retro effects button, there … !

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah. Bill's class was years before Apple existed. :)

    Computers were still programmed with punch cards. We're talking ancient times. :)

    1. Ming
    2. Tajikistan
    3. the Pluto Platter
    4. the Frisbee
    5. Pioneer 10
    6. Battle of Rorke's Drift

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.