Saturday 10 April 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10-4-2021: Max von Sydow.

10th April, 2021.



Hmmm … 

The Duke of Edinburgh — husband to the Queen for some 73 years — died, yesterday morning.

I’m … 

You know, I’m not sure how I feel about that.

I’m not especially Royalist: although I feel the system — as it currently stands — works well.

Nonetheless?   Even given there’s rumours he could be difficult, and a number of affairs, and that his relationship with Charles, in particular, were difficult at times?

It’s sad to hear of his death.

There’s not that many people who served in World War 2, who still survive.

Plus, of course, he’d been key in supporting the Queen in her job as head of state.

Personally?   Even if I’m aware of his bad point, I’m aware of some of his good points.

And, at the last, can only offer my condolences.

~≈∏≈~

Just as a quick thought … ?

I’ve managed to treat myself to a one-hundred sided dice.

Or die, if you’re feeling punctuated.

I know for a fact I managed to confuse the postman.

He thought it was a snooker ball!


~≈%≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª putting in their answers: with Trevor, Olga, Debbi and Mum scoring five out of five, and Edith on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        10th April, 1929, saw the birth of actor, Max von Sydow.   Which country was he born in?

Q2)        He played Antonius Block in one of Ingmar Bergman’s best known films.   Which film: Crisis, The Seventh Seal or The Rite?

Q3)        In his early days, von Sydow appeared in a version of Peer Gynt.   Who wrote Peer Gynt: Ibsen, Shakespeare or Chekov?

Q4)        He played Father Merrin in which a 1973, William Friedkin directed, horror film.   Which 1973 film?

Q5)        Finally?   Which incredibly, stupendously, mercilessly evil character did he play in Flash Gordon?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        9th April is the feast day of Saint Waltrude: the patron saint of Mons.   Mons is in which European country: France, Belgium or the Netherlands?
Q1)        Belgium.

Q2)        Racing car driver, Jacques Villeneuve, was born: on 9th April, 1971.   Which country is he from: Canada, the USA or France?
A2)        Canada.

Q3)        Who was crowned as King of England, on 9th April, 1413: Henry 5th, Edward 8th or Charles 9th?
A3)        Henry 5th.

Q4)        Hugh Hefner was born on 9th April, 1926.   Which magazine did he found: Time, Playboy or White Dwarf?
A4)        Playboy.

Q5)        Nazi collaborator, Vidkun Quisling, seized power: on 9th April, 1940.   In which country: Sweden, Denmark or Norway?
A5)        Norway.
Here’s a thought … 
“I want people to think, ‘Maybe there is something more there.’   I want to be a mystery.”
Max von Sydow, 10 April 1929 – 8 March 2020.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        So do I, Olga!   It’s been nearly a year: and I still have to walk up hill to make a phone call!   Between them and the local council?   We’re left in a mess.
I can at least, do something about the council.   The local councillor who’s up for re-election this year?   Is a member of the planning committee that’s made a mess of it.   So I’m planning on voting for anyone but.

†        Hmmm … that reminds me of Japanese knotweed, Trevor.   As I recall, they started as ornamental plants, and then got loose.
Which reminds me, I really should re-read The Day of The Triffids … 


‡        Hello, Mum!

^        Wouldn’t surprise me, Debbi.   If it’s aiming for authenticity, it’s going to be rough.   Going by the Wikipedia entry, it’s focusing on the more international gangs.   I don’t know how accurate that is, though.   I’d’ve assumed they’d have mentioned a firm: the modern day descendants of the Krays, and Richardsons.

ª        You’re tright, there, Edithº.   Jona’s singing as if he were a soldier: and the one thing a soldier wants is for the shooting to stop, and to go home!   The song was the only Christmas hit his label had!   His only other hit was You’ll Always Find Me in the Kitchen at Parties … !   (Oh, I’ve got Radio Four on: they’re playing an old Ian Dury song called Reasons To Be Cheerful pt3: Dury wrote a corker, there!)



º        They’ve had a comedian called Dave Gorman on the show, Edith: talking about his a couple of his favourite song: Reasons To Be Cheerful pt3 was one of them.   Dave did a show based on the song’s lyrics.   Dave burst into tears, talking about the song on the show.   It turns out Dury’s daughter was at one of the gigs: and came to talk to him, afterwards: and told Dave “Dad would’ve loved your show.”


5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Sweden

Q2) The Seventh Seal

Q3) Ibsen

Q4) The Exorcist

Q5) Ming the Merciless
Yes, it sounds like a good idea. If they can't get a mast right, what would they do with anything more complicated?
I saw your mention of Dave Gorman. I remember seeing him first in a programme where he had managed to convince a lot of people to change their names to Dave Gorman, after looking for people who shared his name, and I found him really intriguing. He's a fascinating individual.
I love the die!

Freda said...

1 Sweden
2 The Seventh Seal
3 Ibsen
4 ?
5 Ming

5

Debbi said...

Well, the Mafia and other criminal organizations here haven't exactly been angels. :)

I'd expect no less from members of such things in other countries. Why am I suddenly reminded of Terry Pratchett? Is there a Guild for such things? Oh, wait, are they the Guild? :)

1. Sweden
2. The Seventh Seal
3. Ibsen
4. The Exorcist
5. Ming the Merciless

Debbi said...

BTW, I had no idea there was a "Liverpudlian mafia"! Wow! :)

Edith said...

1.Netherlands
2. Seventh Seal
3. Ibsen
4. The exorcist
5. Dr. Evil


That song reminds me of a story about Roy Rogers. He used to walk through the party then he would walk into the kitchen and leave through the back door. I know it doesn't match the song.

The second story is lovely and sad.


https://youtu.be/obJW0rZ1yTo This is song touches my heart