Thursday 15 April 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15-4-2021: Hillsborough

15th April, 2021.




Hmmm … 

I had an interview, yesterday … one I think hasn’t gone well: frankly, I made a point of mentioning I’d been shielding, and in a COVID vulnerable group … and asked about start dates.

Mentioning that I was hoping to start in June, after I’d had my second jab: which is understandable.

The company were after an immediate start.

Hmmm … 

I think I may have shot myself in the foot, there.

There’s upsides.

I’ve learnt a little about how to use Zoom.

And they’ve asked me to get back in touch in June: assuming I’m still free.

So that’s something … 

~≈Ü≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* Olga†, Debbi‡ and Edith^ putting in their answers: with Olga, Debbi and Mum scoring five out of five, and Edith on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1)        15th April, 1989, saw people killed at the Hillsborough Stadium disaster.   How many people died on the day: ninety-two, ninety-four or ninety-six?

Q2)        The match being played was a FA Cup what: final, semi-final or quarter-final?

Q3)        The match was between Nottingham Forest, and whom: Liverpool FC, Manchester United or Tottenham Hotspur?

Q4)        Which national newspaper has been boycotted for years, as a result of blaming fans for the disaster: The Sun, The Daily Mail or The Dunny-on-the-Wold Pig Fertilisers Gazette?

Q5)        Finally … ?   How many people died as a result of the disaster: ninety-two, ninety-four or ninety-six?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        14th April, 1561, saw phenomena described as an ‘aerial battle,’ occur.   Over which German city: Hamburg, Nuremberg or Nurnberg?
A1)        Nuremberg.

Q2)        14th April, 1940, saw the birth of actress, Julie Christie.   She played Lara Antipova in which 1965 film?
A2)        Doctor Zhivago.

Q3)        14th April, 1935, saw the birth of embezzler and author, Erich von Däniken.   His Chariot of the Gods? claimed what had visited Earth: aliens, asteroids or aardvarks?
A3)        Aliens.   I was fascinated by the book when I was a kid.   These days, I’m a little more sceptical.

Q4)        14th April, 1932, saw the birth of the Queen of Country.   Which singer is she: Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette or Dolly Parton?
A4)        Loretta Lynn.

Q5)        Finally … ?   14th April, 1958, saw the birth of actor, Peter Capaldi.   He won a Best Live Action Short Film Oscar for Franz Kafka’s It’s a Wonderful Life.   In which year of the 1990s?
A5)        1993.   All this, and he can drive play guitar whilst riding a tank
Here’s a quote …
“The Hillsborough disaster was a fatal human crush during a football match at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, on 15 April 1989.”
From the Wikipedia entry on the disaster.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Hello, Mum.

†        Yeah, you’re not wrong, there, Olga … !
Yeah: the interview went well enough: given the result.   And I now have an idea of how to send attachments: the icons are fairly explanatory.   That, the fact they’ve asked me to get in touch in June — and the fact at least one work shirt still fits! — is something of an upside.
And yes: I noticed that video recording option: that might just come in useful, I can keep hold of some sort of record … 

‡        Well … I was thinking about pen and paper role playing games, Debbi: Dungeons and Dragons, or Runequest.   And I don’t know if I mentioned the Capaldi film to you: but it’s one I keep meaning to watch it!

^        Cheers, Edith: it went well enough, all things considered.   Good luck with the pressure washing, by the way.   Our landlords get charged a fortune for it.

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Ninety-four

Q2) Semi-final

Q3) Liverpool FC

Q4) The Sun

Q5) Ninety-six
Fingers crossed then for June, and good news about the shirt as well. Here, Anna has exams coming up in the next two weeks, so she's had to cancel a couple of lessons, and Jordi (the retired English total beginner) is having his flat undergoing major refurbishment, so they're emptying it all and moving to alternative accommodation in a couple of weeks time, so that will be another lesson cancelled. Oh, well, it's the nature of the beast. My editor at the radio station is leaving, pursuing a career in teaching Catalan, although I know the girl who'll take his place (she also started there as a volunteer, before I did) and she's lovely, but still... Changes everywhere.

Freda said...

1 94
2 Semi final

3 Liverpool
4 the Sun
5 96

Debbi said...

Wow! Of course, it would be played on paper first. Just like Battleship. :)

1. ninety-four
2. semi-final
3. Liverpool FC
4. The Sun
5. ninety-six

Edith said...

1.94
2. Quarterfinal
3. Manchester United
4. The Sun
5. 96

Hi Pual. I am sorry your interview didn't go as planned. At least they told you to get in touch in June. The pressure washing is done.